Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 05:20 AM

Default Re: How are the games?

Jhuttunen, What is your biggest downswing so far ?
Old 07-14-2007, 12:23 PM

Thanks for your helpful replies Boz and Aussie!

When you say Stox's books, do you mean Stoxtrader's -- that guy who has those poker videos? Is it hard to find a free E-book version of his book?
Old 07-14-2007, 12:42 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post9877088

Start bonus-whoring with 2+2 as your affiliate and get 4 other books for free.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jhuttunen, What is your biggest downswing so far ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't actually know how a downswing is defined in a 10k range, but when I started 4 tabling after 2 tabling(didn't bother to try 3 tables in between)... well, it took me about 2000 hands to be able to get my game back at track, and during that time my downswing was about -100bb.

PM me and I'll show the graph, so you can make some sence out of it =P.

//Ouzo
Old 07-14-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude,

10-15bb/100 is like 1000-3000 hand rate, currently about 12,5 with 2-3k hands. It IS ONLY 3k hands =). So expect it to go down to 5bb when closing to 10-20-50k hands.

I think that it's very easy to have at least 5bb/100 in 0.25-0.5 limit (I think this is heavily dependet on network, for me it seems americans play more/think more.. so those networks are more challenging). Just have a very tight bankroll management. I go to table with 30bb and leave table when getting -20bb ass kicked. This way I minimize my downsides(I know many many people go against this, because you can have 2-4 bad beats and get that, but thats my way, and it works for me). And I 4 table, so I play pretty tight(so those -20bb aren't even happening THAT often).

[ QUOTE ]
...If you're at .50/1 read SSHE AND Stox's book and go from there. Step 3: profit...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I've read SSHE twice now, and Stox on the table waiting(sshe completely changed my game, no wonder =). Plus many many many other books waiting/read =P

I don't do table selection basically at all(only check the flop percentage, over 25-30%..thats ok). I only do it when I notice that there are more than 5 multitablers at table(I play full 10 tables). Or when I find someone I've marked as green(wants to give money).

BUT, as said I'm just a beginner. I'm about to reach about 25k hands this month. And these are the first 25k hands ever. Here are people who play their 500k hand at the moment, so they can give solid winrate and stories =D.

By the way. It seems that people here play same levels for ever? I my self move up to hihger limits as soon as I feel like having enough skills to manage there, have bankroll and have experience to feel good. Have you guys implemented any mental guidelines how long you keep playing level until moving up?

Cheers,
Ouzo

P.S. Be aggressive, Be bully.
P.P.S. Gotta love the rake back when moving up levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's nothing personal huttunen, but I think your expectation for what you can maintain is probably too high if you think you can make between 5-7 bb/100 hands. I can't speak to the quality of play at European sites though so you may know something I don't. Good luck.

P.S.: Just so you know I'm a winning microNL player. 5-7 PTBB/100 is fairly(?) standard for those games. I just can't imagine having enough edge over my opponents to pull down anywhere close to that at fixed limit. You can't get them to make huge mistakes the way you can in NL.

In other words, limit is hard.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:10 PM

It's fine mate [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I have no expectation about keeping or maintaining 5bb/100. It's just what I've done so far. Just shared my experience so far.

What I meant by saying, it will drop down to 5-10bb/100, was to let people know that I'm very aware of the fact that it will drop sooner or later. The figure it does eventually settle after 500k.. well who knows. And that figure it will drop first before going below 5 =D.

I just try to do my best, and when time comes, I'll move to NL tables and see how I manage myself there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And one thing I'm wanting to realize myself is a thing my friend noted. He's been playing poker for ages and noted me that variance at lower NL tables is actually smaller than in limit tables, which is contrary what people normally think.

Gotta see after few years of limiting =P

Cheers,
Ouzo

P.S. And frankly, at the moment I don't give a **** what's my bb/100 as long as I feel I can play at my level and be better at poker when time goes on. What really matters is that I'm winning and can say that Im happy how I've been playing.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your helpful replies Boz and Aussie!

When you say Stox's books, do you mean Stoxtrader's -- that guy who has those poker videos? Is it hard to find a free E-book version of his book?

[/ QUOTE ]

no worries.

yes. Stox = Stox Traders Winning in tough holdem games.

free e-books of publications? that reeks of breach of copyright etc etc. Breaching copyright or whatever else you want to call it is a BIG no no and wont be or discussed, condoned or tolerated by 2+2. Dont do it. thx.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And one thing I'm wanting to realize myself is a thing my friend noted. He's been playing poker for ages and noted me that variance at lower NL tables is actually smaller than in limit tables, which is contrary what people normally think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm pretty sure micro NL is way easier to crush than micro limit. You limit players have my respect.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:00 AM

Oh, I didn't mean pirating the books; just a good legal way to score them for free. +life EV
Old 07-15-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I didn't mean pirating the books; just a good legal way to score them for free. +life EV

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. in that case, see new 2+2 affliate forum since 2+2 just became an affiliate (note: non-US only) or find another affiliate or bonus that lets you play to get a real hard copy book.