Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 09:29 PM

Default 50NL: QQ faces min re-raise on flop

I didn't play long at this table. I lost one I think badly played hand and folded around 3 orbs when this hand came.

I think I made the correct preflop raise. And I made a pot size bet on the flop because of the FD but I didn't think villan was after that. I would like to know how I did so far and how you would react to villan's min rr. TIA!

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $49.50
Hero (BB): $38.25
UTG: $10.50
UTG+1: $46.00
MP1: $25.85
MP2: $31.60
CO: $29.95
BTN: $53.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8 Players)
6 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, SB calls $3.00

Flop: ($9) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $9.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $18.00</font>, hero???
Old 07-13-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: 50NL: QQ faces min re-raise on flop

The fact that you are a little short makes this hand a lot easier to play, IMO. Raise/Call3bet could mean anything in this range: 33,88,99-JJ,AsKs,AsQs, or even something much worse since this is a board that he knows overcards missed on, and we have no stats/reads on villain. Kinda scary that it is a minraise but thinking about this logically, if we assume he has a pair (99,88,33,TT,JJ) we have 2 outs vs. 9 combos of those and we beat 12 combos of those. Just stick it in and embrace the variance.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:59 PM

min raises doesn't necessary mean he's strong... i usually especially in this spot re raise him A.I.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:02 PM

villian's check min-raise is a pretty strong play. He's got a full stack and continuing with the hand will be expensive. Without any reads I would say fold and give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:07 PM

The min raise part is what I am confused about. Pre-flop villan didn't come back over the top on me so I thought my hand was bigger. And I thought min rr is sort of weak. Any help on clarifying this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:16 PM

Is it just me or miniraises on wet boards like that are always a pretty good hand
Old 07-14-2007, 05:18 AM

I bet a little more PF and get in on the flop.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:04 AM

I'm still having trouble reading these min raises. Generally with players I don't know I assume it's a strong hand and evaluate my outs on a call. In this case I fold because unless he shuts down on the turn you're going to have a really tough time playing this, and even then you have a lot of cards to still worry about.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:10 AM

shove
and play with full stack
there are too many draws out there so you seriously can't fold and can't call because there are many bad turns
so just get it in
Old 07-14-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
shove
and play with full stack
there are too many draws out there so you seriously can't fold and can't call because there are many bad turns
so just get it in

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I shouldn't include results, but I think in this case it help with my analysis. I did shove after the min raise thinking he had TT or JJ. Unfortunately he held AA and busted me out. That's why I posted and inquire about the min raise part. In this case, villan may have been trapping the whole time and I was dumb enough to go for it - so I have a lot to learn still. Thanks for the analysis.