Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: How are the games?

[ QUOTE ]
Well...

as a n00b I played my first 10k hands in 0.25-0.5 with about 5-7bb/100, moved to 0.5-0.1 about 1000 hands ago.. and doing about 15bb/100 at the moment... going down towars 5-10, I'm sure.

There seems to be more random bullies around, but otherwise seems the same. A bit tighter and more sneakier palyers.

Playing full rings at Poker Room network.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're playing limit and making 15bb/100?
Old 07-13-2007, 12:38 PM

Note sample size.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really feel like mastering table selection could be the second largest factor (behind flop and turn evaluation) to increasing my win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Table selection in micros is really waaaay further down the list than that. Hand reading, river value-bets, yada yada are much more important. There are a number of respected posters on this forum that make a big deal out of table selection, but, as has been mentioned, the tables/players are really too variable to expect the table to be the same from orbit to orbit.

imo, of course. But, look at your PT database and see how many players you actually have more than 100 hands on.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:42 PM

I'm new to limit, but I can't imagine keeping a 15 bb/100 winrate for even 1000 hands, or maintaining 5-7 for 10K. 2 to 3 bb/100 is pretty close to the max sustainable rate right?
Old 07-13-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Note sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

And, lol at expecting to pull down 5-10BB/100, even. Dude ran insanely hot for 10k hands and ran at "5-7BB/100" (fwiw, if you're running PT you should know to the second decimal what your winrate is, so I'm suspicious of that number as well...maybe including bonii?), and is expecting that to continue as he moves up.

fwiw, 2BB/100 is generally accepted to be "good", 4 is "very good", 6 is "unsustainable, check your sample size".
Old 07-13-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stupider ain't no word

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-13-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the topic of game selection, what do you all do when you are logging on to the poker rooms of your choice?

On stars, where I just single table, I will find the highest flop percentage, and favor tables without a big average pot size. Is this the best way to find the loose fishies?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're single-tabling my suggestion is to find a tough player that you respect/fear with an empty seat to his left and sit down.

[/ QUOTE ]

please don't make suggestions like this anymore. it is just plain wrong.

PEOPLE, (and I'm quoting the late great shadow.) YOU WANT LAGS ON YOUR RIGHT AND TAGS ON YOUR LEFT! see Aussies post to not be stupider at seat selection.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really feel like mastering table selection could be the second largest factor (behind flop and turn evaluation) to increasing my win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Table selection in micros is really waaaay further down the list than that. Hand reading, river value-bets, yada yada are much more important. There are a number of respected posters on this forum that make a big deal out of table selection, but, as has been mentioned, the tables/players are really too variable to expect the table to be the same from orbit to orbit.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. table/seat selection doesnt make you a winning player and people should focus more in getting better at poker.

That being said, I view table/seat selection to be something which can enhance my profit margin and the table and to be fair...for those of you that read my 2k/3k progress I hope it was clear that my success basically came about by plugging my leaks. table/seat selection should be the icing on the cake IMHO and if one pays just a little attention to it (ie doesnt take the worst of it...it being the worst tables and the worst seats) then one should see benefits.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:26 AM

Grandpa Boz is right, play good poker and it doesn't matter what table you're sitting at. I've played at FR tables from .02/.04-2/4 at Pokerstars and the one common denominator I've seen is that people have no clue how to play postflop. Even 1/2 and beyond people are still making -EV decisions preflop. If you're at .25/.50 or below, read SSHE cover to cover and you'll kick ass. If you're at .50/1 read SSHE AND Stox's book and go from there. Step 3: profit...
Old 07-14-2007, 03:58 AM

Dude,

10-15bb/100 is like 1000-3000 hand rate, currently about 12,5 with 2-3k hands. It IS ONLY 3k hands =). So expect it to go down to 5bb when closing to 10-20-50k hands.

I think that it's very easy to have at least 5bb/100 in 0.25-0.5 limit (I think this is heavily dependet on network, for me it seems americans play more/think more.. so those networks are more challenging). Just have a very tight bankroll management. I go to table with 30bb and leave table when getting -20bb ass kicked. This way I minimize my downsides(I know many many people go against this, because you can have 2-4 bad beats and get that, but thats my way, and it works for me). And I 4 table, so I play pretty tight(so those -20bb aren't even happening THAT often).

[ QUOTE ]
...If you're at .50/1 read SSHE AND Stox's book and go from there. Step 3: profit...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I've read SSHE twice now, and Stox on the table waiting(sshe completely changed my game, no wonder =). Plus many many many other books waiting/read =P

I don't do table selection basically at all(only check the flop percentage, over 25-30%..thats ok). I only do it when I notice that there are more than 5 multitablers at table(I play full 10 tables). Or when I find someone I've marked as green(wants to give money).

BUT, as said I'm just a beginner. I'm about to reach about 25k hands this month. And these are the first 25k hands ever. Here are people who play their 500k hand at the moment, so they can give solid winrate and stories =D.

By the way. It seems that people here play same levels for ever? I my self move up to hihger limits as soon as I feel like having enough skills to manage there, have bankroll and have experience to feel good. Have you guys implemented any mental guidelines how long you keep playing level until moving up?

Cheers,
Ouzo

P.S. Be aggressive, Be bully.
P.P.S. Gotta love the rake back when moving up levels.