Default Re: Why can\'t I beat LAGs???

[ QUOTE ]
step 1:

flop pairs

step 2:

call down

[/ QUOTE ]

this is bad advice.

i'm naturally taggy and have had trouble with lags in the past. the most helpful thing i found was to actually learn a lag style and be comfortable with it. you don't have to play lag all the time, just be familiar with it and you'll realise the weak spots in such a style (no "style" is perfect). if you're not good at a lag style don't try to "outlag" your opponent, that's the second biggest mistake i see (the first being following the advice above). for more specific help post hands in the appropriate strat forum.

gl
Old 07-14-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's more than a strategy adjustment. It may come down to a LAG's effect on your state of emotion. A LAG is a bully. His persistent aggression gets inside of you and hinders your ability to reason. The mere presence of a LAG at your table means that you are no longer the dominant force. You cannot project the image of an unstoppable foe; the LAG is stealing that opportunity from you, making you feel inferior.

Just remember that all a LAG really has on you is aggression. First fight that aggression with passivity, even with monster hands. Aggression from a LAG usually means nothing. Against this kind of player, use your medium strength and big hands as a tool to take him to showdown. They aren't used to getting there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read this 20 times and make it your own. Beyond that definatly tighten up preflop, real tight.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:48 PM

this seems like it should be posted in a different forum like strat