Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 04:51 PM

Default $10 NL, Question on standard situation after mistake preflop

I don't post much, usually I am reading old posts.

By The Way if you haven't read Procrast's Anthology post yet I highly suggest it.

Pokerstars $10 NL. Just your honest response on how to play this hand in a given situation. No reads or Meta-game being played by me at the table as I just sat down and don't have much for stats/reads on any of the players.

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] In Middle Position, folded to me I raise 2x BB (That's what I viewed as the mistake, I know someone will say 3-4xBB!)

Guy one off the button calls, Flop comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, He bets half pot, I fold.

Tell me this is standard and I'll go back to trolling. I've been reviewing a lot of my stats the past few days and am thinking through situations I consider standard.. Need Help. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: $10 NL, Question on standard situation after mistake preflop

Well yea eithe rfold or raise more pre-flop. Lead the flop and fold to any resistance.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:06 PM

What about calling him and leading for 3/4 or something on the turn?
Old 07-13-2007, 05:09 PM

Preflop:
I'd say you can easy fold this hand if the game is 9/10-handed. It's really not a very good hand.
And if you choose to raise, raise no less than 5xBB. Your position is bad, and the hand is mediocer = you really want to just take down the blinds, you don't want anyone to call behind you. The only caller I'd be happy with is the BB defending with a weakish hand.

Flop:
The flop missed you but probably also your caller (it's all low cards, and the two nines makes it even less possible it hit him) so go ahead and c-bet. I'd bet slightly more than 50% of the pot (not putting to much at stake, yet not looking to weakish).
If you have c-betted floppes like this several times before, gotten called down and lost, its probably not bad to just check and fold to a bet.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about calling him and leading for 3/4 or something on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spewy IMO.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:15 PM

preflop isn't horrible if it's 6-max. bet/fold flop. at 10nl i'd make it 4x.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:17 PM

You're proposing I either fold KTs or bet MORE with it, even though you acknowledge I am in bad position?

One "stat" of mine I am trying to tweek is my VP$IP based on how close I am to the button.

I'm trying to get more hands seen closer to the button, I'm only playing PP's down to AJs from UTG right now just to fix an irregular amount of hands played UTG (I have a VP$IP of 20 percent, WTSD 15 and W$SD of 75 percent from UTG) I am winning money with those stats but I know that it's still probably Wrong to be doing.

I'm wondering if calling and leading the turn is just complete spewage w/out a read. I think it is, I'll probably continue check/folding this or leading onto some boards.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're proposing I either fold KTs or bet MORE with it, even though you acknowledge I am in bad position?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume we're talking 6 max. I generally raise this to 4BB+1 per limper from CO and button. I'd usually fold from MP, but were I to raise I'd raise it to 4xBB+ 1 per limper.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:33 PM

c-bet the flop and shut down to any resistance. isn't this a completely standard situation? why are we c/cing a flop after being the aggressor preflop then leading the turn?