Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 06:51 AM

Default Re: NL50 Hand dealing with a TAG

I'm not folding this flop. I think this is a call because he's unlikely to call a 3-bet with a worse hand.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:54 AM

I call this turn. This was the perfect spot for a donk bet though.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Wait, only over 35 hands. And an AF of 5. I'm sorry fellas, but if he has a random 8, so be it. I'm calling the turn and blocking the river. I just don't think his range that he called with preflop is ahead of our hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point exactly. Granted this player is tight, but he either has quads, AK (which i think he 3 bets being 16-15) or this is someone playing a lower PP aggressively because he thinks he can get us to fold that ace or our PP.

I'd like to hear a good counter argument to calling the turn, and blocking the river, and a different one besides "he's tight."
Old 07-13-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($21)
BB ($90.65)
Hero ($94.90)
MP ($98.80)
CO ($94.60)
Button ($48.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero raises to $2, MP calls $2, 4 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets $4, MP raises to $12, Hero calls 8

Turn: ($28.75) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $20, Hero???

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop:
You lead utg and hit a great flop. A88 rainbow is perfect. You cbet it and he raises you. Here his range is 66+,A8s+,AJo+,89s,78s.

Turn:
You played this hand perfectly if you only had a 100 BB. The thing is you don't, you both have 200 BB. The difference between 100 BB and 200 BB is you really don't want to get it in with TP2ndK with 200 BB.

The reason a check on the turn with 100BB is good here is because you check to induce a bluff (any under pair/anything else that might float) or get value from any lower ace. So if you only had 100 BB, you obviously cr this turn.

The problem is both of you are 200 bb deep, so you don't want to lose 200 BB with TP2ndK. On the turn this deep, you have to lead around 15. If he raises you then, you can fold.

As played, you're in a very tricky spot. If you call, the pot is going to be ~70 on the river, so you can count on the villain getting it in on the river. CRing this turn this deep is bad too because he's only calling with ak,trips,boat, or quads. So with the way you played it, I fold this turn.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:45 AM

Right relativity_x, I think we are too deep here to bet betting and calling raises against this fellows range.

I think his range is more like +22, A10s+, AJo+ and some bigger suited connectors. Some of these hands have an Ace, which is likely smaller than ours.

I could hear reasons for a c/c on the turn AND the river.

But i like a b/f because it allows us to control how much we put into the pot on the river.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your cbet looks like a bluff on this board so i would call

[/ QUOTE ]

would an UTG raiser not have a big ace quite a lot of the time??? how does this look like a bluff?? he is representing the ace not the 8 surely?
Old 07-13-2007, 10:54 AM

cbets are common. When you raised UTG, you hope for an A88 board because that's beautiful (especially if you have an Ace).

Since this board is very dry, the villain could be floating/raising very lightly. Definitely an underpair, weaker ace,any broadway cards (depending on how light) because they don't believe he has an ace. The villain could also believe that the hero has an ace that he can't let go of, so the villain is trying to stack the opponent with a 78s,89s type of hand.

This is a pretty rough spot this deep, so I'd probably call/donk the turn and dump it to a raise.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a pretty rough spot this deep, so I'd probably call/donk the turn and dump it to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this play here. Makes your decision easy. If he calls behind I'm probably c/c the river.