Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Re: JJ what to do?

[ QUOTE ]
...The pot is uberprotected.

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting. Could you explain this for me?
Thanks.

bc
Old 07-13-2007, 12:42 PM

If you just call the reraise on the flop you're not making a very convincing arguement that you have the best PP. If you cap the flop and lead the turn you at least make JJ and QQ at least think about folding and they're probably not going to play back at you and just go into call down mode at the worst. If you just call on the flop and lead you give the other players a chance to raise you again, either still thinking their under pair is good or taking a shot at a scare card. If you cap the flop you may get the guy with only 2 bets in to fold too instead of peeling the flop.

You werent capped preflop and their shouldnt be a 5 in this hand. Dont go passive and give the others players a chance to outplay you or yourself a chance to over think the hand. Grab the bull by the balls and run.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:53 PM

Online, I'd always call the 3-bet here. Too many hands raise and 3-bet in a typical 10-20 Stars game to muck JJ now. I like a call and reevaluate the turn. If it's two bets back to you there, I'd usually fold without a big read.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:03 PM

I dont undrestand just calling and I definately dont understand calling and then checking the turn. If you check, and the BB bets , and the MP raises you've got to fold and are letting yourself get outplayed in a big pot. Why not make things easier and cap the flop and lead? Let them know you didnt reraise with AK/AQ, against a blind steal and then just lead a wiffed flop. Define your hand if you get raised on the turn I think you can safely muck.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont undrestand just calling and I definately dont understand calling and then checking the turn. If you check, and the BB bets , and the MP raises you've got to fold and are letting yourself get outplayed in a big pot. Why not make things easier and cap th eflop and lead? Define your hand if you get raised on the turn I think you can safely muck

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-13-2007, 01:33 PM

I didn't say I'd check the turn. I said I'd reevaluate the turn. I like to lead and if it's 2 bets back to me, it's an easy fold. For one raise, I'd normally pay off.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:48 PM

Doesnt not capping the flop making evaluating the turn much harder and lead to us getting outplayed more often than we would had we capped? BB play looks like a mid-PP and MP looks like a mid-PP or two high cards. By capping we let them know that we're not leading a wiffed flop with two broadway cards. BB should probably fold there, but in each case if we cap/lead they should fold UI, and worst just call us down where there is no risk of us having to lay down the winner.

To much guess work has to go on if you just call the flop reraise. If the turn if <J then we can bet out assuming our hand is good but they may assume theirs is good too and if they raise you're stuck with calling them down hoping your good and may convince yourself your beat and fold. If the turn is QKA then you're just giving them a chance to outplay us and take away the pot.

I think cap/lead gives us a clear answer to if we're winning and leaves little chance of giving up on a pot that is ours, where call/re-evaluate does nothing to clear up where our hand is and can lead to us giving up on a winner
Old 07-13-2007, 04:18 PM

You 3bet preflop, it wasn't capped behind you, and the flop is 5 high. You have the best hand.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You 3bet preflop, it wasn't capped behind you, and the flop is 5 high. You have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen