Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Tommy Angelo

I have heard nothing but really great things about him from several people.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:08 AM

I'm told he has a book coming out shortly. Maybe that'd be a good place to start if the fee is a problem. You could get a taste, at least, before you buy.

Another noted poker coach, Barry Tanenbaum, has a book coming out also, within the next couple of weeks.

bc
Old 07-13-2007, 03:50 PM

tommy's teachings are priceless, he has coached many top players including players on the tour who are big names that shall remain private. One pro told me that his teachings were worth twice what he charged
Old 07-14-2007, 01:29 PM

I always loved Tommy's posts and felt like my game would improve from his coaching... not so much from aquiring new knowledge but from learning to better apply the knowledge i have attained to this point. I think what holds back most players is not an inability to continue to learn, but the disicipline to apply it to the most diffuclt situations on a consistent basis. Everyone i have ever talked to personally who has been coached by him thought it was definitley worth it, and this is coming from some intelligent people. That said, i wish he would stop jacking up the price so much, wasn't this like 5k 2-3 years ago? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who the hell is he, a famous limit grinder? I would feel like an idiot dropping 8k for poker lessons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont worry you would never need them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only blah blah blah blah.

Not sure if that was a joke or not, but just in case -- no self-promotion or advertising within posts. -- joker

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, someone would have serious issues if they paid for lessons from me, sorry if the joke was to suttle.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always loved Tommy's posts and felt like my game would improve from his coaching... not so much from aquiring new knowledge but from learning to better apply the knowledge i have attained to this point. I think what holds back most players is not an inability to continue to learn, but the disicipline to apply it to the most diffuclt situations on a consistent basis. Everyone i have ever talked to personally who has been coached by him thought it was definitley worth it, and this is coming from some intelligent people. That said, i wish he would stop jacking up the price so much, wasn't this like 5k 2-3 years ago? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

To those who claim Tommy doesn't understand the math aspect of poker, note how adeptly he's raised his prices from $2k to $8k in accordance with the laws of supply and demand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think there are very few players who wouldn't get any value from sessions with Tommy, and there are a huge number who would easily get more than $8k in value.