Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 11:31 PM

Default NL 100...sucking at drawing hands..suited ace.

Im thinking I find myself in this spot al bit too often, but if not, when do you play your suited aces. Im hoping to hit a flop here, and stack MP whom I have noted as being a bad player.
Im playing my position, and a good drawing hand vs. 1 solid and 1 bad player.

Is this just a terrible play on my part and a ginormous leak?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG+1 ($125.60)
Hero ($72.50)
MP2 ($81.20)
MP3 ($46.05)
CO ($98)
Button ($82.50)
SB ($99)
BB ($48.35)
UTG ($103.70)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4</font>, UTG+1 calls $4, Hero calls $4, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.

Flop: ($13.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8, UTG folds.

Turn: ($29.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, UTG+1 calls $24.

River: ($77.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $40</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $117.50
Old 07-12-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: NL 100...sucking at drawing hands..suited ace.

I fold flop here. Im guessing he would lead turn again with most of his strong holdings and c/f alot of straightdraws and 88ish type hands, so turn is fine i guess. River is a foldd
Old 07-13-2007, 12:03 AM

I would also fold the flop. The only thing you don't beat is a straight bluff, and this would be a really bizarre spot to do that. Also, A4, even suited is not a particularly good hand, even played for no raise. The flush happens only very rarely, and, much of the time, if you see an ace you will either be out kicked or you won't get any action.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:04 AM

So you want to stack a MP player? Well it looks like you are playing your hand OOP against the middle position players. You are going to make the most money with your speculative hands (which is your A4dd in this hand) when you are in position and make the least with them when you are out of position.

It also looks like the solid player (?) raised PF. Ill fold my suited aces against these players because what I really want to see is a flop with my suit. A lot of the times your Ace is going to be outkicked.

As for the flop I just drop it there. Pretty much every card that comes on the turn makes my hand more difficult for me to play (overcards that could have paired vills hand, cards that complete draws) and all you are really drawing for is an A or a 4. Your A may even be a bad card for you since it may act as a scare card.