Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Card Player coverage

Wow, the Card Player coverage is lame. They post once an hour? Pitiful. You wanna know what is going on, you gotta look at Poker Pages or other sites. After bubble burst card player has no info for a long time, meanwhile flip to Poker Pages, they got info about who was busting, with pictures and all. And Card Player bragged about how great their coverage would be??? A joke.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Card Player coverage

They lost the exclusive rights to bluff magazine, so they are only allowed to do updates every hour and cannot interview players. There really is nothing they can do, but I agree their coverage is horrible. They had done a great job in the past and I miss their coverage a lot this year. Pokernews.com has the best coverage I've seen thus far, but it's not nearly as good as Cardplayer's used to be. Except Pokernews has the extremely awesome Tiffany Michelle.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And Card Player bragged about how great their coverage would be???

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember them doing this.

Due to Bluff buying coverage rights, Card Player is limited in how many people they can have covering the event. They may even be limited to just three media members.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:14 PM

are you rep'g poker pages?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:24 PM

Really, I will check out pokernews, thanks.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:27 PM

Too bad, the coverage was so good last year. Tons of hands given; very disappointing this year. Sucks about losing the rights.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too bad, the coverage was so good last year. Tons of hands given; very disappointing this year. Sucks about losing the rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

Posters were bitching non-stop about the bad coverage last year.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:11 AM

LOL, I thought it was exceptionally good. Especially the last 2 days. I remember laughing at Gold for telling someone "there's no shame in checking" on a x57x7 board. The guy said "oh, yeah?" and moved in with A7 and Gold busted him with presto. I checked out the other site mentioned above and it has great photos but not nearly as many hands are detailed.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:06 AM

CarPlayer was only allowed limited access and limited chip count reporting; the contract went to Bluff/Pokernews
Old 07-13-2007, 11:59 AM

from a pokerwire blog
--------------
"Excuse me, but we have an important message...especially for members of the media."

That's never a good thing to hear when you're covering an event. Unfortunately, about five minutes after I walked into the Amazon Room today, Nolan Dalla made that exact statement over the PA system. I knew that if it was anything other than "new sandwich added to media center craft services table," it couldn't be good news.

Well, lets just say that my options of turkey, ham and cheese, and tuna fish didn't change. Instead, Nolan informed us that anyone with a lavender press badge (which includes me and about 95% of the poker media) would, from this point on in the tournament, need to wait in line for a black badge which would allow us 15 minutes inside the ropes. Once the allotted time expired, said media would have to get back in line for another badge.
-----------