Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Botting the WNBA Season...

Take Connecticut - if Sales plays they can win this. If not they still may cover.

Edit - Take Detroit also

Go Bot - Best tool for the WNBA

2-0 tonight
Old 07-12-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shrug, he bet it last night at +7 and it's down to +5.5 now

[/ QUOTE ]

For you to confidently say that CON has a 70% expectation at +7 they would have to win the game 60% of the time. If you're scratching your head at this point and wondering how in the hell +7 is only worth 10% then understand that the points only matter if CON loses, so when they lose 40% of the time each point is worth less than if CON lost a higher percentage of the time, and this is the percentage of the time they must lose to make the points probability and winning probability add up to 70%.

Anyway, if CON were to win 60% of the time then you bet the money line and call it a day. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What Horse [censored]!!!
Connecticut at this time in the season is playing as well as or better than any team in the WNBA. I would say they would beat Sacramento 7 out of 10 games at this time. Stay with Poker rookies because you obviously don't know squat about BBall. What a joke your number games are.
The Bot Tool is right on target
Old 07-13-2007, 12:26 AM

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. This isn't about a specific game. This is about expectations. If the true odds were Con to win 70% of the time then they'd be listed as favorites. If the books gave away free money like that then they'd have closed up shop a long time ago.

Go take your 70% winners to a forum that cares--like TheRX.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:32 AM

Conn wins, <3 bot.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shrug, he bet it last night at +7 and it's down to +5.5 now

[/ QUOTE ]

For you to confidently say that CON has a 70% expectation at +7 they would have to win the game 60% of the time. If you're scratching your head at this point and wondering how in the hell +7 is only worth 10% then understand that the points only matter if CON loses, so when they lose 40% of the time each point is worth less than if CON lost a higher percentage of the time, and this is the percentage of the time they must lose to make the points probability and winning probability add up to 70%.

Anyway, if CON were to win 60% of the time then you bet the money line and call it a day. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What Horse [censored]!!!
Connecticut at this time in the season is playing as well as or better than any team in the WNBA. I would say they would beat Sacramento 7 out of 10 games at this time. Stay with Poker rookies because you obviously don't know squat about BBall. What a joke your number games are.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...
Old 07-13-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say they would beat Sacramento 7 out of 10 games at this time. Stay with Poker rookies because you obviously don't know squat about BBall. What a joke your number games are.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like a sarcastic post someone would make in a bad attempt to mock the OP.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:48 AM

Well, a lot of interesting(and heated) discussion above, that I'm not going to get in the middle of. I WOULD just like to remind everyone that this bot is still a work in progress, and is still dealing with a very small sample size, and we're bound to see some odd numbers at times. It's a case of studying these, especially if they're way off from an observation point, and making manual adjustments if necessary.

In saying that - I was VERY surprised at the Connecticut +7 line(was apparently +8 when it first came out), and this seemed WAY off. I can only assume that they expected Sales not to play. From an observationalists standpoint, I would've expected the line to be Connecticut +2. I would expect Sac to be the favourites for this one, but only barely.

Anyhoo, thanks to Aicirt for pointing out I'd forgot to carry over a loss. The old record was 6-4 not 6-3, and so we're currently at 8-4, thanks to Detroit and Connecticut both covering tonight. No games until Tuesday due to all-star game.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:15 AM

This is my last post - but may be checking in on the Bot games in July-Aug. I have reached my goal for wins this year and know when to stop. I wish everyone well. I thank MCS for his comment on another post that I will follow. The Bot seems to be right on and should hit a high % of games. There is a lack of WNBA info out there and the bot is the only tool I have found that is accurate for my use. Good luck to all.

ECB
Old 07-13-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have reached my goal for wins this year and know when to stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't really followed this thread, so please forgive me in advance if I'm misconstruing your post. You obviously think that OP's bets on the WNBA are, with the help of his 'system,' +ev. Why the hell would you stop betting on +ev opportunities because of an arbitrary 'target' that you've hit? I'm genuinely curious.

Dan
Old 07-13-2007, 02:37 PM

I have been doing this since November. I set a goal eight months ago and just reached it. It's discipline for me - to stop now. I am tired and need a rest and have reached my goal. I went 8-1 since July 1st in the WNBA. I always try to improve on things. Finding the Bot was instrumental - so was joining a WNBA forum with 95% women - you want information they have it. That's why I join some forums during the year. To learn and get feedback. I will be back next year and I hope Bluenose is still posting. Why do I need to post and prove to people I can hit over 60% anyway? I came here for info - got it with the bot - then money management - but really got nothing but negative comments. I understand - You cant bet everyday and win -you look for good games. Sometimes there are 3 a week other times more - some less - it is possible to go well over 60% in the long term. I've done it and will continue to do it. I have also gone 57% when I played hundreds of games - but learned from that and greatly improved my winning% by playing less games and working harder to put in the time. Certain people tell me that I should be making a fortune. How?