Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: My inability to break up with girls.

Tell her, "It's not you, it's me. No seriously, it is. I have a big problem with commitment. Every time I date a girl for any period of time, I get scared and come up with some lame excuse to get out. I can't get serious with anyone because I don't think I'm worth it. You're a great chick, and you deserve someone who isn't a pussy. To be honest I'm amazed you've tolerated me for this long as it is. Can't you see I'm a shameless commitment-phobe loser pussy? Now go out there, find a real man, and try to forget me as soon as possible, because in 6 months' time, I'll be saying this to yet another girl who was foolish enough to grace me with her feelings."
Old 07-12-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Background: I have trouble ending relationships. I was once in a relationship, and I used moving out of the state as an excuse in order to break up. Another girl I was unhappy with for almost a year until she finally broke up with me. One time I actually broke up with a girl who I had dated for 1 month, and I don't think I ever dreaded doing anything more. Yes, I realize I am a huge pussy.

So anyway, I've been in a relationship with a girl for two years. We are both in our mid 20s.

Things have been going fine, but in the last few months something has changed for me, and I want out. She is pretty perceptive, and she has actually called me out on acting different. We've come really close to breaking up two times, but whenever it gets to that point I start thinking that I'm making the wrong decision. At that point I'm the one who saves the relationship. Things are really great for a few weeks after that, but then I realize I'm pretty sure I'd be happier if we broke up.

I don't know what to do. As of today, I think I've finally decided that I need to break up, the only question is how to do it. I'm considering sending a very short email, just enough to say I want to break up. In other words, to get the ball rolling, w/out allowing me to chicken out once I send it.

Does this seem like a good idea?

Also, what is wrong with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch the Seinfeld episode "The Roommate". Tell your girl you want to have a threesome with another chick she knows. Your girl will be repulsed with you, or she will be into it, which is even better. Anyways, when shes repulsed, she will tell her friend about her inclusion in the unusual request, and her friend wont be able to help but to be flattered. Maybe the friend will even end up talking to you because of it. It is a two fold play, and is pretty genius. Go for it.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You be a man, sit her down, and say, "You're a great girl, but this isn't going to work anymore.

Don't bother explaining it, because if someone doesn't want to break up they won't understand it anyway.

There are so many people in this world, life is too damn short to be with someone that doesn't make you happy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-12-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You be a man, sit her down, and say, "You're a great girl, but this isn't going to work anymore.

Don't bother explaining it, because if someone doesn't want to break up they won't understand it anyway.

There are so many people in this world, life is too damn short to be with someone that doesn't make you happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-12-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Watch the Seinfeld episode "The Roommate". Tell your girl you want to have a threesome with another chick she knows. Your girl will be repulsed with you, or she will be into it, which is even better. Anyways, when shes repulsed, she will tell her friend about her inclusion in the unusual request, and her friend wont be able to help but to be flattered. Maybe the friend will even end up talking to you because of it. It is a two fold play, and is pretty genius. Go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is far more complicated than the standard, and correct, dont be a pussy.... but I like it
Old 07-12-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am not physically attracted to her anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

What changed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing it has something to do with OP not being into her "type" anymore. That type being "girls".
Old 07-12-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do this and update post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:37 PM

for some reason this reminded me of:

"Uh, Nikki? Mike. It's uh, uh, it's just, uh, this just isn't working out. I think you're great, but maybe we should just take some time off from each other. It's not you, it's me. It's what I'm going through, alright? It's uh...it's only been 6 months"
Old 07-12-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do this and update post

[/ QUOTE ]

good stuff!

1) menage a trois
2) "I dont want to see you anymore. Its over"
Old 07-13-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what is wrong with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could it be that you'd rather string along a girl for MONTHS and subject her to multiple awkward break-up conversations than face your discomfort and do what you know you should?