Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Who pushes, who folds?

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 9 pisses and moans about how he can't fold for a bit and goes allin for $199

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, that should be Seat 1. But then $2 + $17 + $199 = $218. So its consistent, except for the typo.

There was a lot that went into the hand that I thought was relevant.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:22 PM

push for FE

edit: and move to ssnl

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 07-12-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i.e. if someone has 77 some other guy has T7 or T8... then that takes away too many of your outs for a call to be proitable against the made straight, this combined with the small chance someone has the overset makes this a fold imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking more about the made straight, or the set of tens, however, seat 5 had such a wide range here I should have considered the tainted outs. (I supose seat 1 could have had 77/87/T7/T8, but I just didn't think so at the time - and he did have a nut flush draw)

Thank you, good reasoning.

So, assuming that all of my outs are clean, would you call/reraise/push? After all is said and done, I'm only getting 1.5:1 including the implied odds and there is no FE.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and there is no FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

again with the FE!
Old 07-12-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and there is no FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

again with the FE!

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your problem with FE, or the lack of it? Do you prefer to just pretend some aspects of the game don't exist, are you a troll, or do you just like to hijack threads in a pitiful attempt to humilate people so that you can feel better about yourself?

The latter I think. I'll read your post history when I have and hour or two to waste.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:16 PM

This is the wrong forum and the formatting of this hand is practically unreadable. Look at some other live hands to see how to post them.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:32 PM

First of all, settle down balla. I'm not the only one to pick up on your fixation with FE.

Why are you even thinking about the possibility of making people fold? We have middle set here. You basically are never ever going to be thinking about FE when you have a set, because youre almost always going to be looking for ways to GET MONEY IN TO THE POT, not get someone to fold. And even if you find yourself in some godawful spot where you are considering turning your set into a bluff, you will have almost always no FE because no one is folding anything better than a set. Take this hand for example: If someone has you beat are they ever ever ever folding? NO, of course not ever. Everyone knows no one is folding here. So why even consider FE?

So, enough with the FE. In DJs thread you made some bizzare comments about FE, then claimed it was for another thread, and even for the other thread it made no sense. It sounds like the guy who just learned a new word and tries to shoehorn it into every conversation he can. I'm not saying that's the case... but, come on. FE just does not apply to these situations.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the wrong forum and the formatting of this hand is practically unreadable. Look at some other live hands to see how to post them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I reread my initial post and compared it to the FAQ and except for the typo, see nothing wrong with it. It was a somewhat complicated hand and required some explination. What would you suggest I change?

As to the forum, I suppose you're right. Only I usually play 2/5 and sometimes 5/10, and this is the forum I regurally read.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, settle down balla. I'm not the only one to pick up on your fixation with FE.

Why are you even thinking about the possibility of making people fold? We have middle set here. You basically are never ever going to be thinking about FE when you have a set, because youre almost always going to be looking for ways to GET MONEY IN TO THE POT, not get someone to fold. And even if you find yourself in some godawful spot where you are considering turning your set into a bluff, you will have almost always no FE because no one is folding anything better than a set. Take this hand for example: If someone has you beat are they ever ever ever folding? NO, of course not ever. Everyone knows no one is folding here. So why even consider FE?

So, enough with the FE. In DJs thread you made some bizzare comments about FE, then claimed it was for another thread, and even for the other thread it made no sense. It sounds like the guy who just learned a new word and tries to shoehorn it into every conversation he can. I'm not saying that's the case... but, come on. FE just does not apply to these situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I did say no FE, but as to why I even note it at all? It's because I'm always looking for it and have a very high success rate with bluffs, probably 70% don't get called - which probably means I don't bluff enough, but hey.

I figure if only the top 10% make money, I'm probably ranked in the 93% percentile. Good, but not hard to beat by someone better. And I know it.

Point taken though, if there is no FE, then I'll assume everyong already knows it. But I still think it applies in the "2/5 Live" (AKs) thread.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:42 PM

Your post says this is 2/2 NL.

"Seat 1 calls, SB folds, I call, Seat 4 folds.

Seat 4 reraises to $34"

So seat four folds but then he reraises?