Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: To skip Calc II or not

[ QUOTE ]
Calc III is pretty easy. You don't really use sequences and series for that course so that shouldn't be a problem. As long as you know how to integrate and differentiate, you'll be fine. Then again, when you take a even higher level math course, knowing series and sequences well is a must. If you are willing to go over series and sequences in your own spare time, take Calc III. If not, stick to Calc II and boost your gpa.

[/ QUOTE ]
What sort of upper-level math courses will require knowledge of series and sequences? I passed out of Calc 2 too (luckboxed a 5 on the BC), but I'm trying to go for a Math minor. I have to take: (407) Probability Theory, (408) Mathematical Statistics, (458) Numerical Methods, and (466) Dynamic Modeling. Does it sound like I am screwed for any of these classes if I don't re-learn sequences and series (we breezed through it in two weeks in high school, and I don't remember a single thing)?
Old 07-12-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: To skip Calc II or not

[ QUOTE ]
What sort of upper-level math courses will require knowledge of series and sequences? I passed out of Calc 2 too (luckboxed a 5 on the BC), but I'm trying to go for a Math minor. I have to take: (407) Probability Theory, (408) Mathematical Statistics, (458) Numerical Methods, and (466) Dynamic Modeling. Does it sound like I am screwed for any of these classes if I don't re-learn sequences and series (we breezed through it in two weeks in high school, and I don't remember a single thing)?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be fine in those courses.