Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: FTP locks my account for excess transfers, refuse to answer emails

Sounds like they are taking some anti money laundering steps. While not a financial institution they may still be concerned because AML will most likely be the next big sticking point for online poker sites assuming there is ever a work-around or reversal of the UIGEA.

More info on AML:
"An entire industry has developed around providing software to analyze transactions in an attempt to identify transactions or patterns of transactions, that may constitute illegal financial activity. Financial institutions face penalties for failing to properly file CTR (Cash Transaction Report)and SAR (Suspicious Activity Report) reports, including heavy fines and regulatory restrictions, even to the point of charter revocation. These software applications effectively monitor bank customer transactions on a daily basis and, using customer historical information and account profile, provide a "whole picture" to the bank management. Transaction monitoring can include cash deposits and withdrawals, wire transfers, credit card activity, cheques (checks), share (securities) dealing and ACH activity. In the bank circles, these applications are known as "BSA software" or "AML software".

Different standards exist in different countries and dependent on the activity demand, different action. For example; in the US a deposit of US$10,000 or more requires a CTR, in Europe it is US$15,000, in Switzerland it is CHF 250,000 in many countries there is no CTR requirement. The suspicion of AML activity in the US requires the submittance of a SAR, in Switzerland a SAR will only get filed if that activity can be proved. The two examples demonstrate why in the USA thousands of SARs are filed daily. In Switzerland it is more like one or two a year."
Old 07-12-2007, 11:44 AM

Kyle this whole situation seems BEYOND shady. I hope you don't live in the US. Because if you do, you have probably committed a few felonies.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kyle this whole situation seems BEYOND shady. I hope you don't live in the US. Because if you do, you have probably committed a few felonies.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope you are kidding...the us government is obviously not getting involved in this issue.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kyle,

Could the problem be bonus whoring FTP a bunch of new accounts for the $600 deposit bonus?

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would FTP really mind? I mean. The bonus isn't greater than the rake paid.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:27 PM

CliffsNotes anyone?
Old 07-12-2007, 12:32 PM

Kyle,

This sucks, man. Totally and completely. I can definitely understand your frustration. It's got to feel like you're just being stonewalled and nothing is actually happening on the FTP side of things. Whether they're actually working tirelessly behind the scenes or not, it's bad for them to leave you hanging and feeling like that. As you've said, that's just poor customer service.

A phrase that's stuck out to me in a few pieces of the correspondence so far is "sufficient play through." Has anyone given you any specifics on what that means? For example, if you play a bunch and generate rake to cover the costs and such, then transfer it to someone who immediately cashes out, is that OK? Do they expect the recipient to also play a bunch? The other way around? How much is "sufficient?" Given the nature of some of the transfers you're talking about (non-FTP play), I wonder if that's where some of the red flags and general confusion on their side of things comes up.

Regardless, your situation sucks, and I'm sorry you're having to deal with it. I hope it clears up for you soon.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hoo boy this thread got off on a pretty sick tangent.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but at least it doesn't involve limitninja, easily one of 2+2's bottom 10 posters from the moment he created his account.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:43 PM

Well Kyleb lives in the worst state possible for this,
WA
I didn't give ftp almost any action at all with the money he transferred me, I sat down at 30-60 game and got cracked [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
And I am pretty sure he did break money laundering laws if he is stating that money was transferred for sports betting purposes (only if those people are located in us), actually from what I understand most of those, as he stated were in UK than he would be ok.

I will reiterate once more, I didn't do any chargebacks on limitninja account that he transferred me money to, or my wife's account. They are absolutely not associated with the account I did do chargebacks on, And once again the chargebacks I did was because FTP charged my card 3 times instead of 1 and I was rightfully getting my money back. And it was advised by Full Tilt themselves.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kyle,

Could the problem be bonus whoring FTP a bunch of new accounts for the $600 deposit bonus?

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, the bonus is pretty terrible anyway, but that's not what it was for.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:47 PM

I will not respond to limitninja.

Closed Thread