Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: How to not go on tilt?

On PS $10 is not even close enough for 1c2cnl ,you should really have at least $50 to $100.Just keep building up your bankroll in freerolls it is good experience.When you get up to about $20 or $30 try a few $1 trnys or stt but dont over do it.If you start to go bellow $20 then go back to freerolls build up and try again.

PS As far as tilt goes i still dont have that licked but turning off the computer and doing something else always saves me $$.

bat
Old 07-12-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
go and play play money games

or move up

but we dont need micro players who cry

sorry if this sounds rude but I cant stand it

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's what I don't think we need: somebody to decide what we don't need. This is the beginner's forum. Go rough up the guys in the high stakes forums. Sorry if this sounds rude.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seconded. Gotta crack down on douchebaggery wherever it might spring up.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:37 AM

The thing is every tournament i play no matter what stake i concentrete full time, no TV and other things just Poker.
And i care about everymoney i invest in tournament.Yesterday i finished 44 got 0,72$ but still was dissapointed..Thnaks for advices though, but 50$..ouch gonna live in these 0,10$ tournaments for awhile [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 09:15 AM

Multi-table tournaments are the highest variance form of poker that there is, or at least that's commonly played. Even world champions go months or sometimes years without significant cashes, and just about all of the top pros you see on tv have experienced at least one losing calendar year. The more players you add to the field, the lower you chances of winning become, no matter how good you are. You aren't supposed to cash every time, let alone win.

I completely understand feeling disappointed over "only" finishing 44th. The first (and so far only) Sunday Million that I played on Stars, I cashed in. But I only made it into the first payout tier, and it was indeed a bad beat that killed me. Even though I tried to remind myself that I did much better than I'd expected to, and turned a profit for the tournament, I was (still am, truthfully) very disappointed that I didn't cash a bigger win. But that's just part of the game.

Go through the hand histories from that tourney you cashed in, and look at the hands you played. Instead of focusing on the negative (getting knocked out shy of the big money), focus instead on how well you played each hand. Look for spots where you could have won a few more chips, or lost a few less. Also look for pots where you were the one who sucked out on someone (you can't win a MTT without doing that). Try and take the natural disappointment & turn it into something positive, namely identifying your mistakes and working to correct them in the future.

Trust me, no matter how long you play & no matter how much you win, there will always be more mistakes to correct. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 09:29 AM

Thanks, very good advice will check hand history in PT after every tournament and will try to see my mistakes, next 0,10$ tournament - 30mins to go [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 10:20 AM

Early busto my QQ vs his A5 on all in preflop.
A5>QQ obviously.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:12 AM

Now, I am a newbie also, but I don't go all in on QQ. I try never to get all in. Even the pros will say that they try never to go all in. If people are looking you up on Poker Shark or Poker Edge or they have Poker Tracker they are seeing what your tendancies are and are acting accordingly.

As far as tilt and being the hand police, I was that also....how can they call that amount of money in that postion with that hand!!!! What donkeys!!! And then I would tilt.. But that is poker. In a cash game I will just stand up and walk around the chairt a few times. Put myself on sit out and go and get drink of soda or something, pet the dogs, go outside and look around, pet the horses and then come back in refreshed. Never play if you are tilt. It takes just a few mnutes to go and get realxed again and come back with a new perspective.

good Luck...I have been there bud.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, I am a newbie also, but I don't go all in on QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a 10 cent online tournament you're missing a ton of value if you fold to an all-in every time you hold QQ early on.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:30 PM

Try this latvian7. Go to the nearest Office Depot office supply store. Buy a cheap package of black ink pens or a box of no.2 pencils. Buy a package of 8x11 docket gold white 50 page tablets. When you get home take one of the tablets out of the package and start writing the following on it. "There is no such thing as a bad beat. Each player receives two hole cards and the dealer spreads 5 cards face up in the middle of the table. At the end of the hand the remaining players make the best hand from their hole cards and the 5 cards face up in the middle of the table. The best hand receives the pot." Filling one 50 page tablet with this hand written statement should cure you of the problem of going on tilt but if that's not enough start on a second one. Continue this exercise as needed until you believe the statement and no longer go on tilt.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:39 PM

P.S. just in case you are wondering I'm in the process of doing this exercise myself. I've allready filled 10 pages of my first table.