Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Facing Limp Reraises - What it Do?

I was in a hand (100BB effective stacks, 6 handed) in which I raised to 5BB with KK in the CO and UTG (18/13/2.83 over a decent sample) limp reraised me to 16BB. We got it all in on a low, two-toned flop.

Now, I wasn't bothered by this hand until I was reviewing my session and discussed this particular hand with my friend. He said that the hand was fine, but he made a comment that in his experience, limp reraises from nits are always AA. I started thinking and this seemed true in my experience, too.

I was just wondering about other people's experiences and opinions with limp reraises from nits. It seems to me that if we are ever able to get away from a KK vs AA situation, a limp reraise from a nit would be an obvious sign. I guess we can think of it like getting away from a set vs set situation. If we want to get away from a set because we think our opponent has a higher set, we need a good read that he'll only play a higher set a certain way. Can the limp reraise be an effective read to get away from a KK vs AA situation?

Discuss.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Facing Limp Reraises - What it Do?

I think it is really player dependant but then you get to the point where players will start to open up their limp re raise range if they are getting this ridiculous amount of respect.

If you were to get a very strong read on someone who limp re raises only with AA/KK whatever UTG, you could then open up your calling range (as you know on a 2 5 J flop they won't be folding) so pairs/suited connectors will have a much higher value. Everytime you hit your hand hard, you are gonna be getting your money all in as a huge favourite.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:27 AM

short/med stacks limp reraise small PP's all the time
Old 07-12-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
short/med stacks limp reraise small PP's all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

... as well as totally other garbage too. I've gotten limp reraised with JTs, K9o, the list goes on. With KK I definitely don't worry about it.