Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: razz: dead on 6th?

[ QUOTE ]
One idea, although probably of limited importance at 0.25/0.50, is that I'd prefer that my opponent believe that I'm incapable of folding a made 7 in a heads up hand. If he knows I can make that laydown, he may use that against me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You state that you don't want your opponent to know that you can fold heads up, but in this situation it is a 3-way pot, thus making folding more attractive.

It is nice to not worry about your opponents bluffing at you. Once your opponent is good enough that he will start remembering your plays and adjusting his play accordingly, then you have to use game theory to determine your calling frequency (which will be often on the river when the pot is big).
Old 07-12-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Carlos --

What happened to stepping up in limits? I thought I had replied to my last .25/.50 razz HH post [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] The problem with reading the villains at this level is that they don't act like villains at other limits, or even like scentient beings in some cases. You can be sure that the villain in this hand paired his 3 on 5th st, and that's why he checked. Now you may proceed with the rest of your hand analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the road to glory has many setbacks. I'm sure that I will still play the occasional .25/.50 session if I am running bad on my quest to 10K.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:17 AM

That is the way of the poker world, I know. GL on your quest, hopefully my advice will speed you along in it.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One idea, although probably of limited importance at 0.25/0.50, is that I'd prefer that my opponent believe that I'm incapable of folding a made 7 in a heads up hand. If he knows I can make that laydown, he may use that against me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You state that you don't want your opponent to know that you can fold heads up, but in this situation it is a 3-way pot, thus making folding more attractive.

It is nice to not worry about your opponents bluffing at you. Once your opponent is good enough that he will start remembering your plays and adjusting his play accordingly, then you don't have to worry about seeing him at 0.25/0.50 anymore, but may meet with him at 2/4 or 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP