Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: LOL Costanzaments

(i looked this one up for the wording and realize it fits in without changing anything)

Phil: It has come to my attention that you floated the turn with pocket fives.

George: Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've played in a lot of tournaments, and I tell you, people do that all the time.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:32 PM

Who told you to float the turn? Did I tell you to float the turn?

Old 07-11-2007, 06:36 PM

From Pokernews.com:

Jason Alexander Experiences Shrinkage
With the board showing Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the turn, Jason Alexander checks form the big blind, his opponent in late position bets 16,000 from late position, and Alexander calls. The river card is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Alexander checks, his opponent asks how much Alexander has left (about 32,000-34,000), and moves all in. Alexander thinks a bit before he folds, and his opponent tells him it was a good fold (but doesn't show cards to prove it).

Alexander's chip stack shrinks down to 32,800 as he screams, "I was in the pool! I was in the pool!"
Old 07-11-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Costanza out

From Pokernews.com

But This Was Supposed To Be "The Summer Of George!"
A player limps from middle position for 1,200, Jason Alexander moves all in from late position for 28,800, and his opponent calls with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Alexander shows K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and he'll need to improve to stay alive.

The board comes T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and Alexander loses with a lower kicker on the double-paired board. Jason Alexander, famously known for playing George Costanza on "Seinfeld," has been eliminated from the Main Event.

ESPN caught him walking away from the table, and he gave them a brief walking interview on his way out. He went a respectable distance in this tournament, and we applaud his efforts.

Once he reached the doors leading out of the Amazon Room, he turned to face the remaining players and screamed at the top of his lungs, "This was supposed to be the Summer of George!"

Okay, that last part may not have actually happened. But that's how I'll always think of it.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Costanza out

damn, I was hoping he would make it pretty deep. thread is gold.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:07 PM

The bad seed, the bad friend, the bad employee, the bad fiance, the bad tipper, the bad post flop player
Old 07-11-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From Pokernews.com

But This Was Supposed To Be "The Summer Of George!"
A player limps from middle position for 1,200, Jason Alexander moves all in from late position for 28,800, and his opponent calls with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Alexander shows K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and he'll need to improve to stay alive.

The board comes T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and Alexander loses with a lower kicker on the double-paired board. Jason Alexander, famously known for playing George Costanza on "Seinfeld," has been eliminated from the Main Event.

ESPN caught him walking away from the table, and he gave them a brief walking interview on his way out. He went a respectable distance in this tournament, and we applaud his efforts.

Once he reached the doors leading out of the Amazon Room, he turned to face the remaining players and screamed at the top of his lungs, "This was supposed to be the Summer of George!"

Okay, that last part may not have actually happened. But that's how I'll always think of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I'm out of the contest"
Old 07-11-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I'm out of the contest"

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2007, 07:18 PM

Good to see that he's actually having fun with being known as "George". I would think that this would irritate most celebs.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who told you to float the turn? Did I tell you to float the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rofl, awesomeness.