Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: yet another step forward in the civil rights movment

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They are seeking compensatory and punitive damages of at least $200 million each on behalf of the class.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok I dont know a huge amount about this thing so someone explain how this warrants that much money to be paid out?

[/ QUOTE ]

we're in america
Old 07-11-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So does this mean I can sue my local caseys because they give me a hard time when I try and buy beer? I hand them my ID, they look at it then look at me funny, I am 22, I look like I am 16. While holding my ID they ask me what my address is. I think this is BS, and I should be able to sue them on behalf of all the young looking 21+ year olds out there because of this obv harassment. It is me in the pic, give me my [censored] ID back and quit looking at me as if I am doing something wrong you stupid fat/ugly POS counter Bitch!!

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you saying black people look like thieves?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So does this mean I can sue my local caseys because they give me a hard time when I try and buy beer? I hand them my ID, they look at it then look at me funny, I am 22, I look like I am 16. While holding my ID they ask me what my address is. I think this is BS, and I should be able to sue them on behalf of all the young looking 21+ year olds out there because of this obv harassment. It is me in the pic, give me my [censored] ID back and quit looking at me as if I am doing something wrong you stupid fat/ugly POS counter Bitch!!

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you saying black people look like thieves?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if they are a black looking version of me. Then Yes.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:44 PM

As of July 1, 2005, 39.7 million is the estimated population of black residents in the United States, including those of more than one race. Assuming that at least 60% of these claim to have shopped at Toys R us thats at least 23.82 million people. Assuming the lawyers only take 5% (I'm not sure what is the standard lawyer fee in a class action)that leaves about $7.96 per person in the suit... Am I interpreting this right ? The class action is for black people who shop at toys R us and were profiled, but there is no way to prove that anyone who shopped there was profiled just that they shopped there (receipt). So techinically any black person who has a past toys R us receipt can jump on this class action and claim they were profiled.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As of July 1, 2005, 39.7 million is the estimated population of black residents in the United States, including those of more than one race. Assuming that at least 60% of these claim to have shopped at Toys R us thats at least 23.82 million people. Assuming the lawyers only take 5% (I'm not sure what is the standard lawyer fee in a class action)that leaves about $7.96 per person in the suit... Am I interpreting this right ? The class action is for black people who shop at toys R us and were profiled, but there is no way to prove that anyone who shopped there was profiled just that they shopped there (receipt). So techinically any black person who has a past toys R us receipt can jump on this class action and claim they were profiled.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf gimme some spray paint i want my eight dollars
Old 07-11-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They are seeking compensatory and punitive damages of at least $200 million each on behalf of the class.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok I dont know a huge amount about this thing so someone explain how this warrants that much money to be paid out?

[/ QUOTE ]

we're in the biggest joke of a country on earth

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-11-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming the lawyers only take 5% (I'm not sure what is the standard lawyer fee in a class action)

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to work for a class action administrator. Lawyers will take 60%+ out of the total in some cases for their costs and the costs of paying an administrator.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:57 PM

This is obviously a fake story, because black people shop at Toys B Us.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is obviously a fake story, because black people shop at Toys B Us.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming the lawyers only take 5% (I'm not sure what is the standard lawyer fee in a class action)

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to work for a class action administrator. Lawyers will take 60%+ out of the total in some cases for their costs and the costs of paying an administrator.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow