Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Razz: Odd hand

Tournament - Razz (50/100), Ante 10, Bring-In 15 (converter)

Seat 1: 966
Seat 2: 2,869
Seat 3: 602
Hero: 1,937
Seat 6: 1,376
Seat 7: 2,375
Seat 8: 1,164

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.70 SB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (3.85 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (5.85 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.85 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks

Total pot: (7.85 BB - 785)
I think up to 4th is standard, but what do I do on 5th? Is it better to just check in that situation when you both brick, or is my bet OK? Should I have folded 6th?
Old 07-10-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Razz: Odd hand

I'm not sure what betting 5th gets you. It's pretty unlikely your Q is going to play and since he raised you on 4th, he's saying he's drawing better than you.

6th I think is a peel but I'm not sure. If he paired his Ace, which I think is relatively likely, you're close to even money (.40-.50 equity).
Old 07-10-2007, 11:39 PM

I think I'd fold on third in a tournament. Check fifth. It's very unlikely that he's drawing rougher than you, so he's going to be the favorite. I'm fine with the rest of it.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:51 AM

Why fold 3rd? I mean, I understand the stacks are limited, but why would a smooth 8 with 2 unders showing be a fold?
Old 07-11-2007, 02:35 AM

Do you think that the other guy is raising with a worse hand?
Old 07-11-2007, 04:12 AM

c/c 4th, you arent ahead unless he paired the 2 and he'll raise most anything that beats you here.

c/c 5th too, if he knows anything about razz he'll raise you again.

I think you maybe could even dump 6th, though the odds are decent, you might be dead unless he paired the ace, and also you can't valuebet anything on the river, you have to c/c even if you 'get there'.

and i think with these stacks, 3rd is a call, albeit not a fist-pump call
Old 07-11-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm pretty sure the UTG raiser has me beat. But I know I have the dealer drawing dead, and he has put in 1.55 SB while the villain has only put in 1.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Probably not, but it was my impression that a draw to an 8 isn't going to be all too far behind. Is that true or am I mistaken?
Old 07-11-2007, 01:38 PM

call is fine on 3rd as long as you realize youre almost always behind an utg complete; thus betting 4th is wrong as he will almost always be raising here.

if he drew a 7 on 4th a bet by you would be iffy ( and would be done purely to disguise your hand ). safe bet is if he draws 8 or up there.

5th i mind a bet slightly less oddly enough, despite the fact incriments have gone up. although if i had the hand he presumably has i would be raising you again. bet,check/call are both fine here.

6th 100 percent a check as is 7th. im folding 6th to a bet even if i think he paired. but if he checks 6th im calling any bet on 7th.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:09 PM

With the open pair, that means that the opponent is going to have position on you for the rest of the hand. So even if your 4 card hand was slightly ahead, you'd still probably want to just check and call 5th.