FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Mr. Gatorade’s Lies cost me over 70k at Full Tilt

I found this interesting

posted 11/05/06

Old 07-11-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You make it like Beatme1 is on trial in the United States Of America and that 2+2 is the jury. This is simply not the case. As much as some of you would like to be the jury in this matter it is simply not plausible in the nature of his crime. Divulging ones evidence would also hinder the ability for the poker sites to identify misconduct and simply means that the particular method of detection will become obsolete and no longer able to thwart the bots. This may be an unfavorable answer for some but until online poker is regulated “properly” we have to take the poker sites word and trust that the integrity of their site is more important then anything else and they will keep the cash cow happy and not do unethical things. It’s simply trust, that’s all you can do. This is all a mute point because Beatme1 used a bot and has caused the reaction from this community that he/she wanted, doubt in the poker sites we play and their ability to handle investigations. People need to understand that we are at a critical point with online poker right now. Unless we stop these bots now, in a few short years bots will become even more precedent and the games will get tougher as the bots get better. That’s one issue, but another bigger issue is simply once people know that bots exist and are very prominent in the games they play why would a new player or "fish" want to play when they don’t think there getting a fair shake. When you play poker online now you want to think your playing a human... Unless the sites take action now and destroy the bots, it’s a safe assumption that you will no longer be able to think that in a few years.
-Crazy Mike (MrGatorade)

[/ QUOTE ]
I got to page 8 before I couldn't help but reply that you are a [censored] paranoid idiot.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:58 AM

Cases like this are precisely why we need regulated online gaming in the United States. If there was some government oversight to it, this would not be such an issue.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cases like this are precisely why we need regulated online gaming in the United States. If there was some government oversight to it, this would not be such an issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely correct.

The government was able to find WMD's in Iraq so they should be able to detect Bots....oh , wait a minute...NO THEY DIDN'T.

Why do people think getting the government involved in anything would make it better?
Old 07-11-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The government was able to find WMD's in Iraq so they should be able to detect Bots....oh , wait a minute...NO THEY DIDN'T.

Why do people think getting the government involved in anything would make it better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, because there would be accountability. Sites would not be able to just confiscate your funds for absolutely whatever reason they want.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying the government should detect bots.

I'm saying the government would prevent sites from arbitrarily stealing money from customers and giving them no recourse. The judicial system would provide at least some recourse if you were wrongfully accused.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:46 PM

If you are accused of being a bot and have your money taken, what is your course of action???????

Seems like a clear Witch Hunt to me. Maybe we should tie rocks to suspected bots and throw them into a lake. If the person sinks and dies, then we know they were telling the truth.

Very scary
Old 07-11-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, because there would be accountability. Sites would not be able to just confiscate your funds for absolutely whatever reason they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure they would.

The T&C's we accepted when joining the various sites,without reading in most cases, give them this right.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying the government would prevent sites from arbitrarily stealing money from customers and giving them no recourse. The judicial system would provide at least some recourse if you were wrongfully accused.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with using the judicial system would be the costs.

You'd have to have a large enough amount taken (70K would be enough) to have enough for the lawyers to take their cut so you could get representation in the hearings.

You'd have to have a lawyer since the sites sure would.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with using the judicial system would be the costs.

You'd have to have a large enough amount taken (70K would be enough) to have enough for the lawyers to take their cut so you could get representation in the hearings.

You'd have to have a lawyer since the sites sure would.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's better than no recourse whatsoever.

By the way, the Terms and Conditions have limits. Judges can strike down parts of a contract if it's deemed unconscionable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconscionable

I believe that an argument can be made that "We can take your money whenever we want, give you no recourse, and not present the evidence against you" is unconscionable.