Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: When do you lay this down?
Fold the flop 1 5.56%
Fold the turn 3 16.67%
I don't fold this 14 77.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Smoking (weed) vs. Drinking

[ QUOTE ]
different places different needs, I can't really go to a party and get stoned and have the same time I could if I was just drinking and by the same token I can't sit around on a sunday morning drinking and watching movies i've seen a dozen times before but i can stoned.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-11-2007, 11:25 AM

I don't think I get high like other people. Weed doesnt really have an affect on me. Drinking is a lot more fun.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
different places different needs, I can't really go to a party and get stoned and have the same time I could if I was just drinking and by the same token I can't sit around on a sunday morning drinking and watching movies i've seen a dozen times before but i can stoned.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] This is so true, but being as I am someone who would rather sit around and chill and only party once or twice a week, I prefer smoking to drinking.

Casually drinking with a meal can be nice (good wine/beer), but when your end is to get [censored] up, it is much easier to get a buzz from smoking rather than drinking (a bowl versus multiple drinks/shots).

Also, no hangover from smoking the next day!

One more thing, I have never done anything stupid that regret while smoking (aside from overeating), whereas I have done stupid or embarrassing [censored] many times when I have been blackout/near blackout.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:46 AM

Smoking too much weed doesn't lead to vomit, hangovers, blackouts or waking up with ugly women.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:00 PM

yes, if your end is to get [censored] up, its much easier to get a buzz from smoking, but its the wrong kind of "buzz" for me. I dont like it unless Im about to go to bed. people are complete non-social dopes when they smoke weed, which isnt fun (at least a good percentage).
Old 07-11-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people are complete non-social dopes when they smoke weed, which isnt fun (at least a good percentage).

[/ QUOTE ] While this is largely true, it is not the case for everyone. I am perfectly socialable with people I know when I'm high, in fact you can have some really fun conversations with smart people while high, just because you kind of think in different ways in general. But as far as going out and meeting new people (bar scene, party), I agree, it does turn me into somewhat of an intovert and social retard.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
people are complete non-social dopes when they smoke weed, which isnt fun (at least a good percentage).

[/ QUOTE ] While this is largely true, it is not the case for everyone. I am perfectly socialable with people I know when I'm high, in fact you can have some really fun conversations with smart people while high, just because you kind of think in different ways in general. But as far as going out and meeting new people (bar scene, party), I agree, it does turn me into somewhat of an intovert and social retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

if I am surrounded with a bunch of good friends, there is nothing Id rather do than get wicked stoned.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:59 PM

I like both when going out...couple hits of a joint/blunt +2 or 3 well made margaritas and I'm good to go
Old 07-11-2007, 01:12 PM

another thing about smoking i hate the too frequent times i do it and eat $20 worth of take aways over the next 2hrs and end up so full I can hardly move on the couch but I still have food left and still manage to eat more.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
another thing about smoking i hate the too frequent times i do it and eat $20 worth of take aways over the next 2hrs and end up so full I can hardly move on the couch but I still have food left and still manage to eat more.

[/ QUOTE ]
hah... so so true...