Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 10:25 AM

Default 100 NL, KK facing heat.

No reads yet.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $62.80
BB: $217.10
UTG: $137.85
Hero (UTG+1): $105.80
MP: $18.55
CO: $98.50
BTN: $56.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, 4 folds, BB calls $3.00

Flop: ($8.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $13.00</font>, Hero calls $6.50

Turn: ($34.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $32.00</font>, Hero?

Why would he bet so much on the turn?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: 100 NL, KK facing heat.

1. He would bet that much to make it easier to get the rest of your stack on the river.

2. He has some uber combo draw like QJs and wants to fold KK.

I tend to think 1 is more likely.

Without reads I think I can muck this. Do you think he does this maneuver with JJ or something? Hard to believe that without reads.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. He would bet that much to make it easier to get the rest of your stack on the river.

2. He has some uber combo draw like QJs and wants to fold KK.

I tend to think 1 is more likely.

Without reads I think I can muck this. Do you think he does this maneuver with JJ or something? Hard to believe that without reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you were villain, how would you play JJ+ in this situation? This is not a flop you can lead out at the PF raiser, because you could be reraised w/ ATC and very likely would have to fold.

I guess with JJ you could c/c flop and then consider options later?

If I c/r here with JJ, i'm almost always leading the turn. there's no other way to play it unless you have reads that villain dumps missed AK AQ hands very easily on the flop. this is probably spew, but at NL50, people don't their PF raised AK on the flop.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:38 AM

I'm pretty sure you are beat here. Check/minraise then leading the turn on that board is pretty strong. At best I think you are up against a monster draw.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:46 AM

Well, I would probably check/call JJ personally, though I might be on the passive side.

I think an aggro villian could certainly check/raise and then lead the turn. A nearly full PSB seems like alot to risk against someone who raised in early pos. and then called our check/raise on the flop.

Some people pretty much bet the pot regardless, but against someone I don't know, I just don't know if He can have JJ or QQ enough to warrant me continuing. If I knew he was aggro, or I thought he thought I was weak or something then maybe that changes things a bit.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:09 PM

In my experince most people especially at 50nl aren't going to pop you here with a 9 but then again if it's a donk he very well might. I am not a math guy but I think if we add up all of his range you might be able to get it in here. 88 jj or he could even have a 10 and be pushing hard to keep you from catching an over card if he has you on a-k a-q not so sure he would be pushing a str8 draw this hard but again you never know. I am interested in seeing how a shove here would be math wise considering his range. I also think if your gonna call you might as well push.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:39 PM

With no reads I would have to believe the villain has you crushed...seeing players "come alive" on a later street after a raise is often the sign of a very strong hand.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:41 PM

Dump it, he has a 9 here often and probably doesn't play AT this way.

We are hoping he has JJ-QQ which I think is just too unlikely.

Also he could show up with something J8s here sometimes as well..

Gotta let it go.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:43 PM

What is your table image?

Since it is 7 handed, if you have been running over the table then the villain could play a couple hands like this if he was observant...him being that observant is unlikely, and is a fold IMO
Old 07-11-2007, 02:46 PM

I folded, as I didn't have a good read on him yet.

Turned out he was a 60/9 donktard lol. He was definitely capable of over-playing JJ or AT like this. I didn't know this at the time obviously, or I would have shoved.