Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Home Cash Game (chip set-up) Results

[ QUOTE ]
I agree the size of the blinds was not important here. 13-15 $20ish rebuys in 4 hours? Can I get in that game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's just say it's always a fun game.

I buy-in for $10 first time (max 20ish)..Try to play pretty loose and wild and if I win cool, but if I lose it in a huge bluff, that's great.

Then, I buy back in with $20 and they simply do not adjust to the fact that I am now playing solid poker. It's great. You show one huge bluff to someone at the beginning of the night in this game and EVERYONE remembers.

Everybody has a good time, lots of joking around. It's all fun entertainment. Reading all these posts about how to keep a home game running smoothly really makes a difference. The guys don't have to think about anything, just come and play.
Long term goals here. A game 2xs a month for the next 10-15 years. Not just trying to win a big night.

Thanks again for the posts.

I'm afraid I'm getting closer to 25 posts (flaming soon)
Old 07-11-2007, 12:48 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Home Cash Game (chip set-up) Results

this sounds exactly like my homegame. .05/.10 blinds, 5 dollar buyin, 10 dollar rebuys after an hour. There will often be 200 bucks in the pot with someone inevitably having like 125 bucks.