Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Tough MTT Badugi Hand

Summer Champs series on Poker.com, $5.50 Badugi MTT

There's never any action on the site for cash games, so safe to assume most have no idea what they're doing (like re-popping pot with 2-card draws into pat hands).

I have 4100 with 50/100 blinds, Villain has me covered. Villain has been making tons of hands and been aggressive, but must be drawing rough often since he's always drawing one after the draw. He doubled me up early 3-betting all-in when he had a AJ64 badugi against my 2469 badugi after the 1st draw, seems pretty donkish.

Folds around and I complete in the SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]xx. He checks. I draw 2, and he draws 1 as usual.

I make a A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]X and check. He fires 200, and I call. We both draw one.

I make a A378 and fire out 300, and he makes it 1000. I can't imagine breaking and going for a 7, so is this shove or fold? BTW, we are far from the FT.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Tough MTT Badugi Hand

Is this game PL or NL?

600 in pot to start the round; you put in 300, he pops to 1000. If you call the pot will be 2600 so in a PL game he can't actually put you all-in on the fourth round if you want to see a few more hands with your last big blind.

I would tend to go broke with the 87 here, though. Who knows if he was even drawing to something that can beat an 8 to begin with. (What wouldn't he raise that was actually decent? Random 1-card draws skew very rough.)
Old 07-10-2007, 10:58 PM

This is PL
Old 07-11-2007, 07:22 AM

tough? LOL. (i never write lol, unless i literally laughed out loud)

it's a shove (and pat) and i don't think it's close.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:43 PM

Alright glad to know that I was making a clear shove, I only said tough because he showed a A367 and I was outta there [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2007, 02:14 PM

Someone correct me if my math is wrong. If we take a worst case scenario and assume that your opponent started with A23X, he has only 5 outs to beat you: 4,5,6,7,8. Well, you are already holding a 7 and an 8 so he has more like 4.75 outs. Factor the possibility that he could be snowing to begin with, and you get the picture.