Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods - 1/2: AQ on AA5 board

[ QUOTE ]
The people who said fold, wow...

Anyone who says anything but a shove is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT
Old 07-10-2007, 07:37 PM

Wow Mark!!!! It is really strange that you found this thread. Glad you posted. I really appreciate your perspective here.

To answer your question, by this time I had you pegged as pretty solid. I wasn't too happy with your cold call of BB's all in. Hence the reason why I posted this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I wasn't going to fold here. I knew A5 or 55 were possible but what could I do? In my head I was trying to decide whether to push when it got back around to me on the flop or open push the turn. I wasn't too deep stacked at this point with only $125 left after my flop bet. I went with the turn push but I felt pretty sick about it (more so when you called)

Everyone, thanks for your input. It's really appreciated.

By the way, BB pushed the flop with 88. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT+ QQ and A8x+?

It's a pretty good board for any PP if you don't believe that somebody has trip aces, which people usually don't.

Just because you raised and bet the flop, I'm going to put you on trip aces? Come on, i have jacks!

[/ QUOTE ]

like i said, live players aren't going to put you on an ace if you bet out at it, because they expect you to slow play your trips.

as such, they could be shoving this flop with many underpairs, some as strong as KK, some as weak as 88. therefore, you may/may not be worried about one other player. and in that case, worse Aces make up a MUCH MUCH larger range than A5, and 55.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of the replies in this thread, even by villain in this hand are laughable, and the sheer stupidity in this thread makes me want to gouge my eyes out..

The BB in this hand as being described as horrible, barley knowing how to play, and a total donk. He can have a [censored] 5 here for pete's sake. His range here is infinite basically, I mean he can literally have anything here.

The fact that a LP limper coldcalled a raise from a donk, shouldn't be throwing up warning singals anywhere. His coldcall is a worse A almost always, barley ever 55.

Also, if from the post of villains point of view, if you think that SB has a good A here you should be shoving.

The people who said fold, wow...

Anyone who says anything but a shove is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep reading hands is idiotic, got it. Also you call villan an idiot for stacking hero by trapping him because villan knows hero can't laydown trips. Interesting.