Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: UFC 73 Thread

Weak takedown defense? I guess you're assuming he hasn't improved in 3 years since his fight with Horn. He also had knee surgery before the Lutter fight which hurt his TD defense.

Yah he dominated Lister. He still couldn't finish the fight even though he dominated it. I have no problem with this, but when you're fighting someone with as much KO power as Silva, you need to finish the fight when you can.

In the UFC Silva has finished all 4 of his fights with only 1 going tot the 2nd round. Marquardt has only finished 1 of 5....

Everyone knew that Nate could take down Silva. The problem is people forget that 1. Silva is a BJJ blackbelt and 2. Evenetually when Nate shoots, he's gonna get KTFO by the knees.

Why would I hate Franklin? At least he deserves his title shots. Silva doesn't need an impressive record since he's champion. He doesn't have to work for title shots...he has the belt already.

Rumor is that Nate will fight Okami for his next fight. Have fun losing more with Nate.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:16 PM

Where is the mma fantasy league signup?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Everyone knew that Nate could take down Silva. The problem is people forget that 1. Silva is a BJJ blackbelt and 2. Evenetually when Nate shoots, he's gonna get KTFO by the knees.

Why would I hate Franklin? At least he deserves his title shots. Silva doesn't need an impressive record since he's champion. He doesn't have to work for title shots...he has the belt already.

Rumor is that Nate will fight Okami for his next fight. Have fun losing more with Nate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, like I didn't know that Silva is a BJJ black belt. Not all BJJ BBs are created equal, and I can tell you that a lot of BJJ BBs would have much better mount defense than this:

lutter v. silva

Silva got really lucky that Lutter made such a crappy armbar attempt.

And I'm not some biased Nate Marquardt fanboi who'll just bet on him no matter what. But it does sound like you're a biased Anderson Silva fanboi when you say stuff like only Dan Henderson would have a shot against him.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:22 PM

Of course anyone has a shot against him, but Hendo is the only one I think would win over 50% of the time. Look at GSP.. I didn't think he would lose for a while either, but it happened. I still think he beats everyone in the world a majority of the time.

apple: check pm
Old 07-11-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the mma fantasy league signup?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to http://www.mmaplayground.com/

Ideally go to www.ufcjunkie.com , then click on the link in the upper left corner.