Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 08:52 PM

Default 50NL: Where do I extract?

Villain seems really aggressive. He 3bet an MP open with A4o, gets involved in lots of pots, and has been following up flop bets with big turn bets and folding when it gets shoved back to him. No stat reads.

Do I raise on the flop?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $76.05
Hero (BB): $51.80
UTG: $172.00
MP: $52.60
CO: $49.25
BTN: $70.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $2.00</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50

Given no raise there, can I really shove here?

Turn: ($9) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $24.00</font>, Hero...
Old 07-09-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: 50NL: Where do I extract?

I like a flop re-raise here, pretty nasty board. If he is getting involved in lots of pots I get in here. I probably fold to a flop 3 bet.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:49 PM

I raise his bet on the flop, fold to a reraise. I think you're getting yourself in a big pot situation when you shouldn't be in one.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:54 PM

I would raise the flop, there are a lot of scary cards that could come on the turn with the straight draw and the possiblity of Ax hitting two pair.

I think that given the villain's previous play, a shove here is reasonable.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:32 PM

I raise the flop.

Assuming I called the flop, I'd check behind here.

As played I fold.

Your read was that Villain is aggressive and has been following up flop bets with big turn bets when he presumably has nothing. Now he suspiciously checks the turn instead of betting big. Why didn't he just bet like he usually does? I'd suspiciously check behind.

After he c/rs, I put him on a big hand, or a pair+SD at minimum.

Unless you've seen him stack off w/ AX on coordinated boards or stack off bottom pair, I'd fold here.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Your read was that Villain is aggressive and has been following up flop bets with big turn bets when he presumably has nothing. Now he suspiciously checks the turn instead of betting big. Why didn't he just bet like he usually does?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is possible. It's also quite possible that he just decided to mix it up and offer a different brand of aggression. Further, since he has been crazy and aggressive with junk, the chances are good that he's going to play AK (and possibly even AJ) like the nuts here because they are relatively strong for his range.

I probably raise this flop to about 12 and call a shove, given this guy's description. As far as calling the shove, I think there's a strong chance he can do it with air and with a few As, particularly since people have been playing back at him. Your holding cuts down on the number of two pair and set hands he can have, anyway, so proportionally those AKs and AJs will loom larger.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:48 PM

I realize this isn't the sexiest flop for two-pair but what were we wanting when we called with QT?

I raise the flop to around $9 and proceed cautiously from there.