Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 02:11 PM
 is offline

Default AQo 2/4 against known TAG

Villain is a 22/14/32/1.9 TAG, I´ve played a lot. He is a little weak (WTS) making a lot of tough laydowns. He is respecting me since i outplayed him several times.
CO is a fish

I open Ac Qh in MP3 CO and BB call

FLOP: Jh 9c Th BB checks, I bet, Co calls, BB raises, call,call

Turn: 2c BB bets,I raise CO folds, BB calls

River: 9d BB bets, I fold.

My thoughts:

I am pretty sure Villain would bet out this flop w/ a J or a good ten. He knows CO calls almost anything and he knows i will contibet. I figured his c/r means either a monster or some kinda drawing hands he figures to have an equity-edge 3-handed.
On the Turn i decide to playback for two reasons: I might make CO fold a weak made hand and get to know some about the real strength about BB´s hand. If i get 3-bet I can easily fold the river w/o making a str8. If i get called i can check the river behind if checked to.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: AQo 2/4 against known TAG

so the turn raise was a free showdown play assuming you don't hit an A or K on the turn?

I think it is spew. I can't think of too many hands that he has that are c/r the flop that are't going to call down. Then again I haven't played 2/4 in awhile and I don't know if tags there lay down top pair at that level.

I call the turn and fold the river UI.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:22 PM

why raise turn?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:28 PM

the overlay you are hoping for (CO folds a made hand, BB is on a draw) is way too big

there are a ton of pair+draw, straight, 2pair hands in BBs range that he is going to be showing down; many more than Qx and [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hands which I doubt he would c/r anyways on this board texture.

regarding CO, fish don't like to fold their pairs. let him pad the pot for your draw