Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 AM

Default 25-200NL: Need OOP help

FR FTP 25NL-200NL
Full compliment of donks and sharks
Full range of shorties and full stacks (you are full)

You are BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Four limpers to you

#1 question: Do you check or raise?

The flop comes: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

#2 question: Take a shot, c/c, c/f, or...... ???

<font color="blue">I've been playing this with a ¾ to PSB on the flop and get a pretty good rate of foldouts. But I'm still not sure it's the best thing to do against multiple limpers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. </font>
Old 07-10-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: 25-200NL: Need OOP help

#1 Check - A5 isn't a good hand, but not hopeless, see the "free" flop and hope you flop good. With a terrible hand you could raise as a bluff and hope to take it down.

#2 I would mix it up, though I tend to like checking because it will let me see what the others do. If I see some fireworks I can get out easily without investing anything. I'm not at all worried about protecting my hand so if it checks around no biggie, I can then bet on a turn blank with a little more confidence.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:35 AM

1) Check. If the limpers fold to raises you can sometimes raise as a bluff, but I usually get at least 1 call from a stubborn guy who doesn't fold...

2) Usually check. Depending on the action you can either call or fold. If everyone checks, bet turn.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:35 AM

I am happy with a check here. I don't like betting a top pair of this quality into 4 players. I am in favor or a check and see approach.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:38 AM

Caz

I think the "next" question would be asked after we check on the flop.

What constitutes "action" behind that is playable when it gets back to us? Checking all the way to the barn would be a great outcome....but not remotely a possibility at the tables.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:55 AM

Well i'm certainly out if there is a bettor and a caller.

If there is one bettor and he doesn't bet "too much" and it feels like a feeler bet i'll call it and hope any players left behind me don't call.

Also the more players the bettor bets into the more respect he gets. If the 2nd guy to act bets and it folds to me i'd probably fold unless it really felt like a feeler bet.

Of course any reads on the villians help too. If a tight wad is 2nd to act and he bets, I probably have to lay my hand down. Sure he limped, but if he limped from early pos. He still could have a better ace than me.

I don't think it would a terrible policy to check/fold to any bet though. In a multi-way limped pot it's real hard to know where you're at even with top pair and there a probably better spots to stick your money in.

Edit: Has anyone ever noticed that it is much rarer to have a flop "checked around" in online play than it is live. Kinda interesting.