Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 09:34 AM

Default 100NL KK with some history

villain is TAG, he squeezed like 1 orbit ago and I shoved over it and he instafolded.

I think this is okay with KK, but what if I have QQ or JJ?

What do I do in tese situations without any history?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $121.90
BB: $119.15
UTG: $30.25
MP: $130.25
CO: $103.50
BTN: $66.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $3.50</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $12.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $121.90</font>, 2 folds, CO calls all-in for $91.50
Uncalled bet of $18.40 returned to Hero

Flop: ($211.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Turn: ($211.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($211.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $211.50 ($3 Rake)
Old 07-10-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: 100NL KK with some history

i don't like 4bet shoving like that. you already know that the cutoff 3bets light, so why would you give him an easy way to fold weaker pairs? you're not going to get any more value out of his pairs.

if you 4bet shove, what hands do you think he calls with? any chance he calls with TT-QQ? what would you do with AA or AK here?

personally, i'd 4bet to about 35 and go from there. i'd do the same with QQ. with JJ and AA, i'd probably cold call.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 AM

No, this good. Esp. given you shoved some few hand ago. Any call or smaller raise gives the strength of your hand away anyway and you avoid any postflop awkwardness (mostly due to no position) by shoving now.
But i probably wouldn't pull that move with JJ.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:08 AM

i think i do get called with weaker hands than normal given that i just pulled this one orbit ago. And without history, i think it is okay too given the reasons sixhigh mentioned.

in this situation do you coldcall with jj? i feel like when people pull this their hand is almost always JJ, or maybe QQ making our hand pretty transparent. If we are going to cold call this sometimes shouldn't we be throwing some other hands in the range besides JJ/ maybe QQ? If so, what hands would we do this with?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:23 AM

This looks good. Unless you are a fish with wackey stats like 50/5, then a flat call or small raise of a 3-bet screems monster. A push could be viewed as anything TT+ and AK. Especially AK. You'll get called by a lot of hands that you dominate.