Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Fat vs Sugar (Healthy Eating Argument)

Well sugary dressings obv. aren't, plus I assumed OP was also talking about the creamy junk.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I don't get the obsession. Its [censored] salad dressing. You will be eating 3 tablespoons of it. Try to worry less and enjoy life more.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're gonna have a Coke, have a Coke. But people trying to make themselves believe that they're eating a "healthy salad" with "fat-free" ranch dressing are just delusional or in denial. And pls point me to the person that only uses 3 tbsps of dressing.

[ QUOTE ]
If you ate 5000 calories of the "healthiest" things you could find, that would be bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

O RLY
Old 07-10-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you ate 5000 calories of the "healthiest" things you could find, that would be bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

O RLY

[/ QUOTE ]

He obviously means for a typical sedentary American. If your standard office drone at 5000 Calories worth of broccoli, carrots, and apples every day he would turn into a fat ass. He would probably be healthier than someone who ate 5000 kcals of Big Macs but he'd still gain a ton of weight.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But people trying to make themselves believe that they're eating a "healthy salad" with "fat-free" ranch dressing are just delusional or in denial. And pls point me to the person that only uses 3 tbsps of dressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some salad dressings are healthier than others, and I prefer to use the healthiest one. Some of the "fat free" stuff ends up being alot healthier than the regular, especially if you eat salad everyday. I'm not sure how that is being delusional or in denial. Maybe it's a bit nitty, but unless you've been heavily overweight you probably wouldn't understand
Old 07-10-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're gonna have a Coke, have a Coke. But people trying to make themselves believe that they're eating a "healthy salad" with "fat-free" ranch dressing are just delusional or in denial. And pls point me to the person that only uses 3 tbsps of dressing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Spoken like a true skinny person.

I use way less than 3 tbs of dressing on a salad, btw. That's a disgusting amount of dressing.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some salad dressings are healthier than others, and I prefer to use the healthiest one. Some of the "fat free" stuff ends up being alot healthier than the regular, especially if you eat salad everyday. I'm not sure how that is being delusional or in denial.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're using a bottled salad dressing, it's basically guaranteed to not be "the healthiest one." Obviously some fat-free things will be a healthier choice than full-fat options, but this is not a universal truth, and when dressings are adding HFCS at the expense of fat, their healthfulness is basically an illusion. I said it above but if your goal is weight loss, which is bound to be true for the vast majority of the people buying "reduced fat" or "fat-free" products, you shouldn't be eating any of this stuff at all.