Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Am I being rigged by Full Tilt Poker or is this normal variance?

Yes, I guess you could say I was being risky drawing to what might not be the nuts.

The board was

5s 4c 3s

Villain bets $10. That isn't going to put me off at the 5/10. If he had trips already (e.g.444 or 333 or 555) he would probably want to bet more to stop someone drawing to a straight. If he had a full boat already (which he didn't), he'd just slow play and trap. Weird. I call.

Turn : 5

Villain has now made trips.

Villain checks. At this point we know the villain has made trip 5s. In this position, I would ALWAYS bet. I would not want to give a free card to straight. But the villain does exactly this - he gives me a free card to a straight.

I check (of course, I need a free card to make my straight)

River : 6

I make the straight, 7 high. I don't just have the straight, I have the higher-ish end of the straight. If he holds A2, trips, two pair or overpair he's a dead duck.

Let's also look at the player I'm up against - he's a donkey making incorrect pot sized bets. Donkeys enevitably go too far with hands that start good and get worse. They are always calling with trips and a flush on the board etc.

Villain bets $100. I don't believe he has the nuts and move him in for his remaining $175.

Villain calls and flips 56 to show full house - 55566.

The reason I say rigged, is because the 6 gave me the straight but it gave him a full boat. That's two ideal hands for major fireworks.

If I was up against a tough player, who would obviously bet correctly, I'd probably apply the brakes when the 5 hit the board and check out. But because I was up against a donkey, I kept going. Maybe this was my mistake...trying to outdraw a donk!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've yet to be caught on a bluff in a live cash game, a fairly impressive record lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 07-10-2007, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've yet to be caught on a bluff in a live cash game, a fairly impressive record lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I don't play live cash games that often, so it's a bit of a distorted statistic. But I time it just right and work it correctly with my table image. When I'm getting cold carded and folding a lot, it's usually time for a well timed bluff if everyone shows weakness.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:05 AM

so u had 8k and lost 1200 in one pot? great news
Old 07-10-2007, 06:10 AM

My stack was $7800. Pots run up to $3K typically, but yup, I got all my money ($1200) in on a full house with a flush on the board to be beaten by a bigger full house. This is just fairly typical of what was happening at FT
Old 07-10-2007, 06:22 AM

you are playing over your BR, probably have alot of leaks, you will definitely be busto soon unless you move down, rigged or not. (its not rigged btw)
Old 07-10-2007, 06:36 AM

I play the 5/10. That's where I started with an initial $1200 deposit (which I withdrew). In effect I turned $1200 into $10K in 30 days. Then it crashed.

So you are suggesting (a) it's not rigged. (but everyone on this thread seems to think so.

And (b) I should move down...to the 2/4 or the 3/6?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:54 AM

I have it on good and known authority that, not only are you being rigged, but that your every move is being watched, recorded, pored over to be scrutinized again and again in some dim future. Run NOW. GET OUT, <NOW>. Withdraw all moneys and stockpile rations, batteries, and bottled water. Dark forces are surely conspiring against you. There is not much time left.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:59 AM

Well, I'm still playing, but 'perching' more and tightening up considerably my starting hands, folding the small blind and the button more and not playing funky hands. I don't like doing this, as I become predictable in what starting cards I use, but hey, the s/ware is against me. I am -$200 more today as well....I am just slowly seeing a few hands to see if I do get any upswing or I'm 100% rigged.

I am very close to withdrawing - you think I should put it into Pokerstars?
Old 07-10-2007, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Let's also look at the player I'm up against - he's a donkey making incorrect pot sized bets. Donkeys enevitably go too far with hands that start good and get worse. They are always calling with trips and a flush on the board etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your problem is more likely to be that your reading skills were somewhat distorted by your perception that this guy is a bad player. It is very likely that you turned this into a personal thing, and hence didn't want to believe you were beat, and have insisted on declaring FT as rigged rather than sacrifice your ego and think about it.
Honestly though, would you expect this to never happen?