Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Interesting decision

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think 41% ROI is sustainable? Do you think 694 is a good sample size?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not at all. I do think ~ 300% better profit margin is at least enough to make a stand for myself though.

I am not here to argue, I am looking for constructive criticism, jumping down my throat and smugly commenting "that's bad" is arrogant & vague, I expect more from this forum.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:23 AM

The first reply told you that the hand should be folded pf, it isn't even close. It is also very helpful to the forum as a whole to have titles that point out exactly what the hand is about, and will help draw in more responses. I don't know why you don't like this advice, but it is correct and you should try to learn from it.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:31 AM

I'm an MTT'r... I turn aggression way up under 20 bb's. I get the point this should be a fold, I was actually looking for an explanation as to what the theory is behind it.

"your open raise is bad, just fold." teaches me nothing.

"It's not only 3 BBs you're risking here. When the flop comes and you c/b it or hit any part of it, you're also risking another 4-5x BB or so. Then you're put to a tough decision with your marginal hand and have lost nearly 8x BB. That definitely matters. "

is what I am looking for... that's all I'm trying to say.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:46 AM

ChipSeak,

I understand your desire for a thorough reason as to why not to play the hand the way that you did. In a SNG, unlike a MTT, your chip accumulation trends arent the same. you gain by letting other players clash, and youre also at a very awkward stack size to be opening jack high and cbetting what will turn out to be close to half your stack with nothing. In a sng, you want to save your chips for a better spot when the math dictates such. Before then, spots like these are just spewing because of how valuable your chips become later in the tournament. As has been stated, you should fold pf and most certainly as played fold to the 3 bet, and it is not close.

In regards to Manchild:

Any STT respect I have ever gotten or given to anyone else has been through my belief in a very simple statement: Talent is not measured by your statistics, but only by the quality of your decisions. Yes, it is true that in theory with high quality decisions will likely come good statistics, but I find it to be somewhat of a catch-22 when you call out Manchild on having worse statistics than you, when he is the one [correctly] indicating that you misplayed the hand.

I do agree itd better serve both him and you if he explained himself, but he didnt, yet still gave you accurate advice for the situation. If you don't want to take it, feel free not to, or feel free to further ask him WHY he posted what he posted; after all, this is a discussion forum, and instead of getting huffy when someone doesnt fully expand on their point, you could pry a little bit and seek the answers for yourself. I would think if youre that determined to get a thorough answer, it would be more worth your time to ask Manchild why his answer is correct and not why he didnt bother to answer you to your liking the first time. Just my two cents.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:56 AM

Chipspeak, whatever you did here was correct. Did you call?
You should go pro. (if you havn't already!)

If you want a forum where people actually know how to play poker like you and will give you better advice, I suggest P5s. (I don't know why I still post on 2+2!)