Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 12:38 AM

Default Re: OOT weekly thread: minor things that infuriate you

Oh yeah, here's one. I'm watching the home run derby tonight and I see all these mad scrambles for home run balls. I've always considered that sort of behavior unacceptably uncouth. I mean, if the ball is hit and falls under the guy next to me, I'm not gonna knock into him and try to beat him to something that's clearly within his domain. It's not just all-star game balls either, I see this during spring training. Ridiculous.

The golf gallery equivalent of this is when a pro skanks it into the crowd and people run like spazzes to try to claim "dibs" on a good position by the ball. It's stupid to be a 40-year-old beer-gutted man lumbering over to a stray shot with all your energy just to maybe be in the second or third row of a shot by some random pro.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:38 AM

people that wear billabong clothes that have never surfed a day in their life
Old 07-10-2007, 01:37 AM

People who are either walking, jogging, or riding a bike on the side of the road NEXT TO THE SIDEWALK.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:39 AM

tuq,

If you're between me and Bonds' record-breaker, I will rip your head from your shoulders.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
riding a bike on the side of the road NEXT TO THE SIDEWALK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?
Old 07-10-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, seriously, are there people that think that bikes belong on the sidewalk and get mad about bikes on the street?
Old 07-10-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, seriously, are there people that think that bikes belong on the sidewalk and get mad about bikes on the street?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh this one really threw me, too.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:06 AM

This happened to me a couple of times today.

I hate it when people stalk parking spaces. This is pretty bad at grocery stores, costco etc. It is very eerie to have a car behind you going 5 miles an hour while you carry your [censored] to your car. Then they sit there for a while and sometimes even honk at you if you don't hurry up. [censored] YOU DUDE! These guys would save a lot of time if they just parked further away and walked. It's somewhat understandable (except for them making any effort to hurry you up) if the lot is 100% full as I've seen at a few places before.

What is even worse than this are the guys that do it on the road. They'll sit there blocking traffic at the worst possible places. Two car lengths past a stop light causing all hell to break loose? Yup, them getting that spot is just too [censored] important.

Normally I'm happy to sit in the car and wait them out but today I was in a hurry to get home. This infuriated me because I missed out on the chance to screw them over and piss them off. It is so satisfying to watch them drive past you and your spot and then pull out right behind them.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A girl I work with likes to give a big argument and ask for justifications when asked to do the most ordinary things around the office anyone would do. It's like taking a court case to trial to ask her to lift a finger just to be nominally helpful and cooperative. Thing is, she's otherwise quite nice and even charming. But she seems terrified of doing small favors or extending minor courtesies, as if that might possibly be outside of her job description or something.

It's like she's trying to protect her boundaries or something. Yet at the same time, she asks me to do things she could easily do herself and that aren't really my job anyway. Just weird.

The other day she asks me to come help her out. A few things in her department needed to be shuffled from one place to another in the room. There were plenty of items, but only one remotely heavy. She says, we need this and this moved here and here ... and I see virtually everything weights a pound or less. It's her project, in her department, and she's right there looking at it, but she needs to call me in to move stuff that weights nothing? Yet every time I ask her the most minor thing it's like having to mount an argument before the Supreme Court?

"Tell me when you get to the heavy stuff," I say, and walk out the door while she's talking.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have went at it, making a big production out of the whole thing and acting as though you were working up a big sweat.

"Whew! It's getting pretty hot in here!" you could have plausibly mentioned as you pulled off your shirt, exposing a torso only years of hard training could have developed.

The ensuing drama would have resulted in the ultimate trip report.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This happened to me a couple of times today.

I hate it when people stalk parking spaces. This is pretty bad at grocery stores, costco etc. It is very eerie to have a car behind you going 5 miles an hour while you carry your [censored] to your car. Then they sit there for a while and sometimes even honk at you if you don't hurry up. [censored] YOU DUDE! These guys would save a lot of time if they just parked further away and walked. It's somewhat understandable (except for them making any effort to hurry you up) if the lot is 100% full as I've seen at a few places before.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, that is awesome. These people who are trying to save themselves the effort of WALKING are wasting their time waiting for you. Why be efficient when you can be lazy, amirite?