Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: 5.50 FT | was this AI UTG stupid?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For a little while i thought i would push it too. But then i looked at how many chips you have to push thru! Fold it and eat 1 more BB before stealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

1.5 BB, and now you really have no FE.

If there was one more short stack with us, I could fathom folding, but we're digging a hole here, and while I am a huge advocate of following the numbers, I ignored them and push.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, let me say I haven't posted in forever. I use to be a limit player, converted to SNG's and lost consistently until committing myself over the past couple of months. Of course, if you look at my stats you will see a big hole dug from boredom in my limit days.

I have used the SNG software to push edges, but I actually got more from watching spacegravy and other excellent players from 2+2. I have repeated seen them play with substaintially less than 10BB and it wasn't until I was brave enough to sink to 4-5BB on a regular basis that my results got better.

With these stacks and not having a good feel for the opponents this is a fold with this position, but slide over to the button and a shove for sure. The SNG software is grand, but the idea of being called by possibly more than one player with KQ is not soothing. BTW, this hand is a great example of a hand to post.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have used the SNG software to push edges, but I actually got more from watching spacegravy and other excellent players from 2+2. I have repeated seen them play with substaintially less than 10BB and it wasn't until I was brave enough to sink to 4-5BB on a regular basis that my results got better.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what's kyro, chopped liver?
Old 07-09-2007, 09:05 PM

fyi without using any software i would estimate this to be about +0.3 - +0.5%
Old 07-09-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people happen to like chopped liver.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people happen to like chopped liver.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but chopped liver isn't particularly good at playing SnGs
Old 07-09-2007, 09:41 PM

If it came across bad this was not my intent. I have never watched Kryo in action so I dare not comment, but my gut says I could trust him in a game with my bankroll. My point was going below the 10BB line seems a little too definitive, or formulaic, for such a feel situation. This hand is great discussion and shows how important knowing the competition's tendencies can vary the play.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it came across bad this was not my intent. I have never watched Kryo in action so I dare not comment, but my gut says I could trust him in a game with my bankroll. My point was going below the 10BB line seems a little too definitive, or formulaic, for such a feel situation. This hand is great discussion and shows how important knowing the competition's tendencies can vary the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

hero in OP doesn't have 10BB, hero has 6.5BB
Old 07-10-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your bankroll? Sure. It's trusting me with my own bankroll that seems to be my problem. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]