Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2006, 05:48 AM

Default Re: The demise of Gigabet

doc,

No. Lee merely confirmed that ZJ only used one of the two accounts that Stars had identified as being his.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:52 AM

I'm really not sure, the quote is just the quote. I assume it would though. From what i know of Gigabet in the height of his internet play though, he was arguably the best 1-3 table sng player in the world, but never considered in the same way for MTT's.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

However, we know that ZJ was able to score some impressive finishes in MTTs by multi-accounting.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he wasn't. He didn't make any big scores on his other accounts, and he says this in his statement. Lee Jones also confirmed that he only used a single account the day that he won the big sunday tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did Lee ever say exactly what Justin did to get banned? IIRC, Lee merely stated that Justin was banned for "illicit play." Everyone assumed that the "illicit play" was multi-accounting, but I don't remember Lee ever saying specifically the ZJ was banned for multi-accounting.

Was it possible to play 2 accounts on Stars from the same computer. I know Party had a bug that made this pretty easy, but did Stars have similar bug?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to be able to play the Partypoker Monday Special at the same time as every 109 MTT that ran on Partypoker under two different names, you needed to be logged in into two Partypoker accounts simultanteously.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you know that these tournaments ran simultaneously? Because his post indicated otherwise. He says that he won one tournament and then he played the other.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to be able to play the Partypoker Monday Special at the same time as every 109 MTT that ran on Partypoker under two different names, you needed to be logged in into two Partypoker accounts simultanteously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know that these tournaments ran simultaneously? Because his post indicated otherwise. He says that he won one tournament and then he played the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

well he writes that he played in every single $109 mtt that ran between 11am and 11pm on that monday and that he made final table on all of them. I doubt you can squeeze a Monday Special win inbetween all those tourneys.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I have seen her several times in my $22 SnGs. This probably means that she closed the account at some point and some donkey changed their name in an attempt to garner fame and forutune. However, if Gigabet's brother (Larry?) actually still owns the account, I find it unusual that the best SnG player on Party would play $22 SnGs. Also, when I saw her in the $22s, it didn't seem like she was blowing off steam but was rather playing to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

This had nothing to do with bankroll and a lot to with learning to massively multitable (20+).
Old 03-03-2006, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
doc,

No. Lee merely confirmed that ZJ only used one of the two accounts that Stars had identified as being his.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I wondered how Lee could be so confident that ZJ didn't play on any other account.

Also, the suggestions that Gigabet's secret MTT techniques involved multi-accounting are interesting.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:37 AM

someone on the huge zeejustin thread mentioned that zj and gigabet have both been taken off the stars TLB
not sure if this is true or not
Old 03-07-2006, 05:32 PM

gigabet back from the dead with a final table at wsop rincon, but a hideous monster stands between him and the title

http://www.pokerpages.com/tournament/result14175.htm
Old 03-07-2006, 05:37 PM

We need some real gossip from someone at Rincon