Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 1C , Sunday, July 8 **

GOOOOOOOOOO Moneymaker !!!!!!!!

I kinda hope he makes it to the top 50 to get some of the people off his back. Dude was good for poker, Go Money Go....
Old 07-09-2007, 12:00 PM

i was at table 110...I saw shaundeeb at table 107 (dont know him but saw his post about shirt) i was doing well, my table was beyond awful (i guess most where)....

lost a huge pot (60k) with AK<AQ on a flop of A 10 9 turn and river where Q's...down to 4k...GG ME...

I will be back next year....I guess...
Old 07-09-2007, 12:40 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
117k, yayayay

Fun hand from today. 35k in chips, 200/400 blinds, raise JJ to 1400, guy with 20k cold calls. Flop 644hh, I bet 3k, he raises to a whopping 8k, I push. He thinks for about a minute and calls with... KK? Jack on the river and then from there I basically got sick action every time I picked up a hand.

edit - not because of this hand, i'm just a luckbox who only got played back at by people when I had AA/KK or a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

SPONGER FOR GOD!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp imo.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:44 PM

How many times did u get AA / KK and they held up if u got any action at all?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Board:
3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Chris Moneymaker and another player check the flop. On the turn, Moneymaker checks and the opponent bets 1,500. Moneymaker check-raises to 4,000 and the opponent calls. They check the river and Moneymaker has J-8 for the busted draw. The opponent has 5-2 -- the deuce on the river won it for him. Moneymaker now has 59,800.

[/ QUOTE ]

whaaat.....
Old 07-09-2007, 03:24 PM

Apparently Mike the Mouth was suffering from diarrhea.

This was posted in a bullentin on myspace by his brother

"Mike was not feeling well, had the runs all day long, so he basically sort of "tanked" (was the pun intended?) the main event on day one. Playing Poker especially the main event of the WSOP while having to use the potty every 10 minutes just don't cut it!!

Mike will begin to answer emails again starting this week. another bulletin to follow this one on what is going on with Mike.

Scott Matusow"
Old 07-09-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Mike was not feeling well, had the runs all day long, so he basically sort of "tanked" (was the pun intended?) the main event on day one. Playing Poker especially the main event of the WSOP while having to use the potty every 10 minutes just don't cut it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There's this great invention called Immodium--I'm pretty sure the Rio gift shop sells it for under $2 a dose.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About 1,000 to 1

Mike Panzarella was eliminated on what was close to a 1,000-to-1 shot. The board was A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . Panzarella held A-A and got what he thought was the perfect flop... a set of aces on a rainbow board. He fired out 7K on the river hoping to entice some action with his full house. His opponent, Takaski Takii, re-raised all in and Panzarella quickly called. Takii flipped over 88 for quads. He caught two perfect cards to send Panzarella to the rail.

The odds are slightly under 1,000-to-1 that a player with a pocket pair with no help on the flop will get running cards for quads. Panzarella's exit seems unbelievable, but one of our reporters happened to be walking by his table when his Armageddon unfolded.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was at my table. The dude who lost was not having a good day. The orbit before he turned a boat and lost to a rivered higher boat. Then the hand right before this one he lost with KK. After the AA hand when down and the other dude declared he had the nuts, he just there looking at the board with a confused look as the chips went away from him.

Unfortunately, I went out right before dinner break shortly after Bernard Lee crippled me by making a gutshot. It was a pretty rough run of bad situations all day. Oh well, good luck sponger.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:28 PM

Maybe the guy had 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ?
Old 07-09-2007, 05:05 PM

Going into Day 2 with 31k.