Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Open relationships

OK, that makes sense. ; )

T
Old 07-09-2007, 02:32 AM

I've given some more thought to this thread and have re-read the OP, and I need to stipulate that although we've discussed the open relationship, I think in our case it was just more of a "breathing space" for myself, due to what I've said earlier (divorce, etc). I enjoy being flirtatious without worrying about a jealous boyfriend and I enjoy spending time with men, whether it's at a poker table or on a dinner date, out dancing, out gambling, etc.

This is not a "sex" thing for me, as an older women the sex drive isn't that of what the normal OOT poster is (ah hem, 19 year old male, etc) so it's not sex that I desire or look for from others as I describe my "open relationship" it's just the ability to have "relationships" with other men without the usually resulting jealousy feelings from the BF.

T
Old 07-09-2007, 04:03 AM

MissT, I could understand it more if it was just needing sex, being a long distance relationship as well. but when you say other "relationships", it's like you're implying romantic companionship. i would never agree to an open relationship but i could understand people doing it if it's long distance and it's just for sex, but i don't see why your boyfriend can't be emotionally enough for you. if he isn't, you might reconsider whether or not he's right for you.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:28 AM

In lots of animal species different mating strategies evolve in a population. Some members permanently adopt a certain strategy and others are more flexible.

It's pretty obvious that for most people open relationships are close to impossible, but for a few they don't cause too much trouble.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I personally think it's unrealistic in any relationship where there is love and mutual respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange. I'd say monogamy is pretty unrealistic in any relationship where there is love and mutual respect.

[ QUOTE ]
At the end of the day jealousy is pretty universal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only is it not "universal," but it's completely and totally incompatible with love. Love is about the happiness of the person you love while jealousy is pure selfishness. The two are anathema to each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you been married for a while? Do you have kids in the picture? How long have you been with the same woman in an open relationship?

Sounds like you have all the answers, and I'm just trying to get an idea of how far along in life you are in the relationship department.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've given some more thought to this thread and have re-read the OP, and I need to stipulate that although we've discussed the open relationship, I think in our case it was just more of a "breathing space" for myself, due to what I've said earlier (divorce, etc). I enjoy being flirtatious without worrying about a jealous boyfriend and I enjoy spending time with men, whether it's at a poker table or on a dinner date, out dancing, out gambling, etc.

This is not a "sex" thing for me, as an older women the sex drive isn't that of what the normal OOT poster is (ah hem, 19 year old male, etc) so it's not sex that I desire or look for from others as I describe my "open relationship" it's just the ability to have "relationships" with other men without the usually resulting jealousy feelings from the BF.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm confused. Do you have sex with more than one man at a time, or are you just theoretically able to have sex with more than one man at a time?

I think it's not truly an open relationship unless the people are having sex outside the relationship, no? It may not be "about sex" for you, but that's what "open relationship" means, n'est-ce pas?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:05 AM

I'm theoretically able to have sex with more than one man at a time, heck even two men at a time if I so desire (take THAT, lol), but I don't or "haven't" as of yet.

The "open" part of our relationship is the ability to do so and then the ability to develope any other type of relationship with any other man as well, be it involving sex or not.

T
Old 07-09-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

lol

take your man bashing elsewhere k thx

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not man bashing...I think men are great...I live with a guy...a 2plus2er even
Old 07-09-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm theoretically able to have sex with more than one man at a time, heck even two men at a time if I so desire (take THAT, lol), but I don't or "haven't" as of yet.

The "open" part of our relationship is the ability to do so and then the ability to develope any other type of relationship with any other man as well, be it involving sex or not.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, until you introduce yourself to penis #2, you don't really have an open relationship, IMO.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:50 AM

These sound fun in theory but I have to call into question the emotional state of anyone who can successfully partake in a true open relationship. I'd bet there's some other emotional factors at work here.

guids pretty much summed it up:
[ QUOTE ]
Id never ever date a girl that let me have an open relationship with her.

[/ QUOTE ]