Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Won a 3 million dollar prop bet

[ QUOTE ]
So you learned THIS:

...in a month?

And you can fake THIS?

Mazal Tov Indeed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The writing is a prayer for the State of Israel. Basically "bring peace to israel and her neighbours, etc etc. This has exciting political implications.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not something that Barry would have done. The simple fact of impersonating a Rabbi and performing a service at a Jewish synagogue would be mocking the Jewish religion and would be totally out of character for someone like Barry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally disagree. A service doesn't have to be performed by a rabbi, services are much more informal than in most other faiths. basically, anyone who follows the "script" and liturgy and the order of prayers and most importantly pronounces the words correctly can lead a service.

Also, reform pretty much lets any service be anything anyone wants. So some hebrew reading (most reform congregants dont even understand what they're reading!) combined with a genuine lesson from the torah (optional, even!) could be perfectly valid.

Assuming he did the service properly according to the "script" he probably did a mitzvah (a good deed, as it were). He could learn to read hebrew and sound out the words properly, as well as learn something about a torah lesson for that weeks readings, in a couple weeks.

Granted, I am a virtually fluent hebrew speaker so maybe im underestimating.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is not something that Barry would have done. The simple fact of impersonating a Rabbi and performing a service at a Jewish synagogue would be mocking the Jewish religion and would be totally out of character for someone like Barry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally disagree. A service doesn't have to be performed by a rabbi, services are much more informal than in most other faiths. basically, anyone who follows the "script" and liturgy and the order of prayers and most importantly pronounces the words correctly can lead a service.

Also, reform pretty much lets any service be anything anyone wants. So some hebrew reading (most reform congregants dont even understand what they're reading!) combined with a genuine lesson from the torah (optional!) is perfectly valid.

Assuming he did the service properly according to the "script" he probably did a mitzvah (a good deed, as it were). He could learn to read hebrew and sound out the words properly, as well as learn something about a torah lesson for that weeks readings, in a couple weeks.

Granted, I am a virtually fluent hebrew speaker so maybe im underestimating.

[/ QUOTE ]

reading the service is one thing, reading it in a manner that would not make it obvious you had no idea what you were doing is another.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

reading the service is one thing, reading it in a manner that would not make it obvious you had no idea what you were doing is another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mind your own business, way to come to Israel and not even call, I waited by the phone all night, I hope esperante didnt eat too much shnitzel
Old 07-09-2007, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who's David K ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv David Kenyamine
Old 07-09-2007, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who's David K ?

[/ QUOTE ]I was wondering the same.

Also, I wish someone as awesome as Barry G didn't have to be associated with Joe Sebok(imo anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]

What'd Sebok ever do?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:06 AM

I'm impressed by even coming up with this prop, much less pull it off.

Shalom.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:03 AM

It's obvious the second barry is the real imposter.

I still believe this happened.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who's David K ?

[/ QUOTE ]I was wondering the same.

Also, I wish someone as awesome as Barry G didn't have to be associated with Joe Sebok(imo anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]

1. David K is David Kim. He beat me a 320k pot where we got the money in with one to go where I had the nuts, but he had 13 outs. He wanted to run it twice. I relented and offered to run it three times. He said no and we ran it once. I rabbit hunted and found that I would have won the next two.

2. I forgot to mention that Ilari (Ziigmund) was in the game and outdrew me and outplayed me on several occasions.

3. Joe is a good son and I'm proud of him. Anytime someone talks a lot in the media (like Daniel does, for example) some things that are said are going to be easy to attack. Joe had several chances to make final tables at the 2007 WSOP, and not surprisingly, he generally went out with the best hand or by losing a race. That's the nature of tournaments. It's easy to overlook the good fortune that got you to that point.

4. I have to remember to log off before my nephew gets to my laptop. A couple of his friends are here too. One of them bragged that he noticed I was logged in and told Michael, "This is all you. You have to come up with something."

Barry
Old 07-09-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4. I have to remember to log off before my nephew gets to my laptop. A couple of his friends are here too. One of them bragged that he noticed I was logged in and told Michael, "This is all you. You have to come up with something."

[/ QUOTE ]
Why don't you instead smack your nephew silly and tell him to stop hanging out with degenerates who don't respect other people and their property?