Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Been working on my swing

I posted my swing a couple of months ago, here is the new and improved edition. Here's what I have been working on:

1. Improving the width in my takeaway, I've taken out a lot of excess hand/wrist movement in the beginning of my swing

2. Rotation of lower body on downswing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH_ZbVWy_10

And here's me analyzing my own swing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDlMD5UehAY

Here's the old swing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4FV9rA3Frk
Old 07-08-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Been working on my swing

Nice videos. How are your results w/ your new swing. The new swing looks kinda stiff and mechanical, not natural at all, it looks like you were more comfortable with your old swing. BTW did you see George Bush Sr. get his tee shot analyzed @ the AT&T today? If you missed it, the guy is just recovering from hip surgery, is about 80 years old, and still slugging like a balla I think he teed up for like 280 yards.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:08 AM

I think your new swing looks 100 times better. You got rid of that early wrist set, sweeping wrist action that leads to a ton of inconsistency. Looks good. Are you working w/ a pro.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:37 AM

Me=Class A PGA Professional

I do have aspirations of playing again besides just teaching so I've been working on it pretty consistently (30min-hr a day indoors) but I just don't get to play much anymore. I do agree the swing looks a lot better and I'm hitting it a ton better and further as well.

Look out 4th-tier mini-tours...here I come!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:03 AM

If you pause it on both when the club is parallel to the ground in the downswing you can see the marked improvement in the two swings. Your latest swing you have more width and have maintained your wrist angle longer. This shows me that you're keeping your spine on top of the shaft(if that makes sense) better in the downswing and using your big muscles to release. Not surprised your hitting it further given that.

It's also noticeable the improvement in your left side nearing impact. You are more stacked from heel to shoulder, this is probably a big part in your increased width as you need that strong left side if you're going to maintain width coming into the ball.

Looks more like "The Elk" than ever. Nice work.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:17 AM

I'm sure you know this, but the only thing between guys that swing like you and the results they post is mental ability and nasty short games.