Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 05:58 AM

Default Re: Most overrated games ever

[ QUOTE ]

Still, if you were coming over from a game(if there really was much of one anymore) that had high-end raiding content like EQ, WoW's high-level raiding would look ridiculously marginal by comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

How far are you in raid progression? I know alot of people who left eq for wow and really only play wow for the raiding. They mostly say its less epic, simply because there are fewer people, but not having to wait 5 hours for 80 people to show up rocks, and that the dungeons are more creative and steeped in better lore. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Still, if you were coming over from a game(if there really was much of one anymore) that had high-end raiding content like EQ, WoW's high-level raiding would look ridiculously marginal by comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

How far are you in raid progression? I know alot of people who left eq for wow and really only play wow for the raiding. They mostly say its less epic, simply because there are fewer people, but not having to wait 5 hours for 80 people to show up rocks, and that the dungeons are more creative and steeped in better lore. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty far in raiding in EQ when I quit, but quit WoW after only a few months, when everyone was in a fury that there was virtually no raiding to do, and what there was, sucked. I'm sure it's much better now, but it was really bad when WoW came out, if you played EQ as basically a raiding game.

I'm sure WoW will get better for that over time, though, and I'm sure it must already have gotten better.

As to waiting five hours for a raid, in EQ we just scheduled them and there wasn't much of a wait.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty far in raiding in EQ when I quit, but quit WoW after only a few months, when everyone was in a fury that there was virtually no raiding to do, and what there was, sucked. I'm sure it's much better now, but it was really bad when WoW came out, if you played EQ as basically a raiding game.

I'm sure WoW will get better for that over time, though, and I'm sure it must already have gotten better.

As to waiting five hours for a raid, in EQ we just scheduled them and there wasn't much of a wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense but you don't know what you're talking about, I played in a bleeding edge raid guild in wow for 1.5 years after release and there was plenty of stuff to do every day. Prior to that I raided in EQ (was in FOH for some time). IMO its not even close, raiding in wow is a helluva lot more fun/skill based/intense/etc than raiding in EQ.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense but you don't know what you're talking about, I played in a bleeding edge raid guild in wow for 1.5 years after release and there was plenty of stuff to do every day. Prior to that I raided in EQ (was in FOH for some time). IMO its not even close, raiding in wow is a helluva lot more fun/skill based/intense/etc than raiding in EQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know for a fact that there was no real raid game in WoW to start.

The other fact is that even though spectacularly, world-class whiny boy Fury of FOH ascended to godhood for FOH by getting hired by Blizzard for WoW, raiding was very limited, boring and frustrating when WoW started up. Tons of people quit the game shortly after maxing out because they found raiding in WoW a dead end.

If WoW raiding got better later, great. It didn't start off that way. Anyone who was in WoW at the start say that, and the boards were pretty overwhelmed with bitter complaint about it.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know for a fact that there was no real raid game in WoW to start.

The other fact is that even though spectacularly, world-class whiny boy Fury of FOH ascended to godhood for FOH by getting hired by Blizzard for WoW, raiding was very limited, boring and frustrating when WoW started up. Tons of people quit the game shortly after maxing out because they found raiding in WoW a dead end.

If WoW raiding got better later, great. It didn't start off that way. Anyone who was in WoW at the start say that, and the boards were pretty overwhelmed with bitter complaint about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

again you don't know what you're talking about. I was "hardcore" at the beginning of wow and there was plenty to do. Onyxia was a big challenge and worked perfectly. Molten core was great too, I had a blast being one of the first groups of people to attempt it and it was very fun and balanced. I don't know of anyone who quit after the first few months of wow because there wasn't anything to do. Its "furor" btw not "fury".
Old 07-12-2007, 05:09 PM

Whatever, he's your boy, not mine.

There was a ton of complaint about the limited raiding game at the beginning of WoW, whether you want to admit it or not. I knew people who quit because of the way raiding was shaping up. But if you liked it, that's okay with me.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:29 PM

I agree that the Halo2 matchmaking/party system is the most useful type of system to coordinate and play with a group of your friends.

Its all handled so easily and quickly, you end up spending more time playing and less time trying to communicate and organize to make it happen. Why every team based multiplayer game since Halo2 doesnt have a similiar feature is beyond me.