Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: MacUser - What to do?

I currently use PT, PAHud and Parallels on my Macbook Pro with no problems at all. No issues with Hud positions or anything. It does use quite a bit of cpu, however. I tried the first beta of vmware, but it totally barfed on me so I haven't gone back.

Just my $.02
Old 07-06-2007, 12:17 PM

Runstop,
What's your processor and how much RAM do you have?
Old 07-08-2007, 04:45 PM

I also have the Macbook Pro w/ 2.33 GHz and 2 GB Ram and running Parallels for PokerTracker. Unfortunately, I can't seem to convert my database to PostgreSQL without having a "connection dead" error. Runstop, are you using the postgres or access database? Anyone else having the same problem?
Old 07-09-2007, 03:39 AM

i've been using parallels without any problems on my macbook too.

but last weekend i tested the new release candidate build of vmware fusion. and i have to say, that i was surprised in a very positive way. i tested one of the first beta builds too, and the vmware product has come a long way since then.

i cloned my parallels virtual machine and made a quick subjective(!) comparison of vmware with parallels. seems that the current build of vmware has little less overhead than parallels (version 2.5 that is).

in addition i think that the "unity" feature seems more elegant than "coherence". on the other hand i don't use it as i'll have the vm running in full screen mode.

also it seems to me, that the virtualisation of the sound is done better in vmare. in parallels i always had some cracking here and there which i haven't noticed in vmware yet.

anyway new potential customers should check out vmware in any case as they have a pre-order with 50% off running currently.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:40 AM

Ive never had any lag issues running PD2/3+ on my iMac 2.16ghz 1.5gb RAM. However there is a nasty bug in both versions that causes both FTP and Absolute to crash randomly. The dev team cant figure out what it is yet but are apparently looking into it.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:15 AM

Default PO on a Mac (Re: MacUser - What to do?)

Does anybody use Poker Office on his Macbook Pro? Maybe in combination with Stars? What are the results?