Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: The Well: CCUUURRSE

Cameron, thanks for volunteering for a well post. If you're getting inaccurate PT numbers, doublecheck to make sure you have the latest version. About a month ago, Full Tilt's hand histories surpassed some number that the regular version of PT couldn't import correctly so anyone playing there needs to pick up the latest version (v2.16.03d) for the fix. http://pokertracker.com/patch.html

My questions to you are:

1) What, if anything, have you been spending your points on?

2) Have you turned into a lagtard (by full ring standards) only within the last couple of months? I don't have a lot of old data on you but it seems like even as early as May you had standard TAG stats with the exception of maybe some positional raises/steals close to the button.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:02 PM

No , I am Arjan.

Just started playing NL since January so thanks for the compliment, before that LHE was my game.

Not many posts, the reason for that is, we have a Dutch forum, thats where I post most of my hands, but I will try do it here also in the near future.

What do you think will happen with the game of poker in the near future, a switch to PLO or any other game.

Do you think it's still possible for you to get a normal job
looking at the money you make right now.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:44 PM

can u tell my ur whole process of table selection? Like what do u look for and in the middle of ur session do u switch tables for better tables?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:30 PM

My pleasure, and thanks for reminding me to update my PT, I hope that'll work as it's been giving me some seriously [censored] numbers.

I've been saving them for the plasma TV, only another three weeks or so : ).

Tough to say, I go through phases. I find that I start off playing really solid, straight forward TAG poker and gradually I become more creative (usually not a good thing) and more LAG. Eventually at the end of the cycle I'm bluffing so much and playing so aggressively that I wonder what happened to my game, which is when the whole process repeats and I'm back to playing solid ABC poker.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:32 PM

oh i see, then i wonder why he said that in reference to that quote about you? hmmm

That's hard to say, where poker will evolve from here. I don't have any predictions because it's likely to go anywhere.

No there's no way I could ever work a "normal" job after this.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:33 PM

I've yet to play in a 1 2 game I didn't like! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2007, 04:02 AM

besides the sunday million have you had any other big wins or cashes?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:17 AM

whats ur overall win/loss at NL5000 and Nl2000 on stars. what were ur stats while u were playing at those games

there was a hand at NL100 where you called an UTG raise and i reraised out of BB with KK. You called and shoved a Queen high flop with 77. describe your thought process on that hand.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:28 AM

nope not really, i'm a one hit wonder.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:36 AM

I can't say for sure because I didn't use PT at that time so I didn't keep track of anything.

After I won the mill I left 17K in my account and went up and down from 40K to 9K playing 10 20 6max probably 10 times throughout the course of a month. Then I sat down at one 25 50 game with 11K in my account. Really early on I flop 8cTc2c with 88 against whinniepie's QcQd and hold for 10K pot. Now I'm two tabling. At the end of two weeks I have 97K after running incredibly hot and losing a 51K pot to H@LL and playing like an absolute lagtard. I was raising J2os UTG. I was four and five betting every other hand, literally. It worked out though because I flopped a set every third hand hahaha. Three weeks later I have 4K in my account and decide to cash it out and take a break, which I did.

I do recall playing NL100 with you awhile back, but I don't recall this specific hand. My reasoning was probably "I'm on tilt and suck balls and am stuck a massive amount of money, let's play as badly as possible."