Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: O/U on Number of current/ future felons playing in this game.
over 13 14 66.67%
13 or Under 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Restaurant refuses to sing happy bday to 6 yr old

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I have seen that one. Its usually from a poster who has embarrassed himself throughout a thread, just realized it, and as a last ditch effort to save face, decides to post it. Good one!

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure about half this thread posted guids is right. Im done with this witty banter. peace out holmes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure there was no witty banter on your part. Off to eat some spanch, huh guids? Enjoy.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to the rational people here, these are the points I am trying to make. It is not irrational to love your child enough to make an extra effort for him 1 day out of the year. I never considered myself spoiled (although I am sure most people do not) and my parents did the extra stuff for me when it was my bday. Why would people have children if they aren't even willing to make a bday special for them? I mean, if its impossible, like the kid wants a gift that is out of the budget, its impossible. But for something pretty innocent and small, why wouldn't someone do that for their own child?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because some people think it's their job to dictate what is special, how special those things are, what kids should be happy with, and so on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's about right. In this thread it's AMAZING the amount of hate towards kids. Look, we're all a bunch of angry, jaded pricks as adults, amirite? Yet kids are a bit more fragile, with feelings and stuff. I remember a birthday or two being awesome, and a birthday or two being sucky, and it all revolved around various people and circumstances.

I don't have kids, I don't want kids, all my friends have kids and for the most part I want them to go away, but at least I realize we were all there once and the need for attention and self-validation is very real, particularly on the one day per year when we were "the star". Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] tuq
Old 07-09-2007, 01:39 AM

Microbob, I love your avatar.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:09 AM

Wow that's uber-lame; the boss sounds super insecure and confused about what "upscale" actually means.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:13 AM

you [censored], just sing to the kid yourself. there's three adults and a bunch of kids, just sing it yourself. and probably someone would join in who was sitting near you, and the kid wouldn't know the difference. if the manager got [censored] with you over it, who gives a [censored]?

also, i think that young childrens b-day parties belong at chucky cheese, not a middle class mexican food place.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:21 AM

Old 07-09-2007, 08:22 AM

Blarg is right.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:58 AM

I'm still amazed at those of you who think that some twenty-one year old, beauty school dropout now trying her hand at hostessing has supervisory responsibilities in addition to the ability to make business decisions like creating contracts with customers.

FWIW, whereas one might be able to argue that the waitstaff enter into basic contracts with customers (e.g. I will take your order for palatable food and serve it to you in expectation of you paying us before you leave), a hostess usually does nothing more than bring you to your seat--after which you are still not obligated to do anything further other than to order food or to leave without ordering.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's about right. In this thread it's AMAZING the amount of hate towards kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes of course, anyone who wouldn't drive to another restaurant looking for singing waiters obviously hates kids. If they have kids themselves they should prob turn them over to foster care.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you asked your son what he wanted as a gift, and he said a certain toy, and you went to one toy store and they didn't have it, would you give up? Would you actually go to another store to try to find it? I don't have kids, I don't want kids, but if I had them, I would make the extra effort. Once they are here, why not act like you love them?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i went to buy the toy, was told by a greeter at the door that they definitely had the toy, but then subsequently found out the greeter was wrong and possibly incompetent, i wouldn't expect the store to produce the toy somehow and then complain about the store on an internet message board. i'd just decide the store probably sucks and not go there anymore.