Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 12:11 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-09-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Venetian 5-10 NLH - He Fires 3 Big Barrels

[ QUOTE ]
Mate I used to be middle class rich and am not sure what that has to do with doing the right thing as it were

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a joke, if I saw that hand I would think the person was on scared money. Not picking on you or anything you are one of my favorate posters, keep them comming.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-09-2007, 04:43 AM

wolf,

I think the biggest problem I have with this hand is that this guy just isn't betting enough. Now, if he is a player who tends to bluff a lot, and bet far more when he's bluffing than he does when he actually does have a big hand, then this may have some merit.

Thing is though, you're in a spot where he stands to have a hand good enough to play a big pot with while you're ahead, and you only got half your stack in.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ya i seriously dont understand the point of this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

is there value in a river c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ehhh? He'd have to be calling you pretty light for that to be profitable. On a different river card, there probably is.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:49 AM

smart young kid raised in EP, got reraised by someone (who I assume is a bit older, and therefore not likely to be perceived as being very aggressive) in the blinds, 170bb deep..... if they get all the money in postflop I wouldn't expect AA to be good terribly often. I think the line he took maximizes his EV in a vacuum, although as part of an overall strategy it's obviously pretty bad to do routinely.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:24 AM

Admittedly, this would be a time when it would be nice to be against a lose raiser with some history of squeezing, but just look how little went into the pot! We're nearly guaranteed to get two streets of value from KK and AQ(unless he folds this PF), and at least one from JJ/TT, which his range is heavily weighted towards.

They're deep enough where he can be calling with some weakish hands, but in general, his range is pretty strong too, and if his MO is to bet small like this, I'd much rather do the betting myself.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:41 AM

I think you are overestimating how much value we get on average by just betting out 2/3 pot on the flop and turn. If OP's description is accurate then AQ probably isn't in his range here, and KK could very possibly find a fold on the turn since all it really beats is an unlikely bluff at that point. And betting the flop just shuts out hands that are pretty much drawing dead that might go ahead and bluff if given the chance.

We're not getting three streets of value here so there's not really any problem just checking it to him... if he ever checks behind for pot control then we can still bet the next street.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:53 AM

I think the real question in this hand is how is this

[ QUOTE ]
is having a horrid day getting sucked out on

[/ QUOTE ]
affecting him?

Also, I have to imagine that there have to have been some live tells in play, for him to want to shut down like this.

Also, it's important to note that the river card kinda screwed things up, since it would leave us the option of a check/raise, or a nice big bet ourselves

I think a river bet here has some merit, but I think it leaves us in a gross spot when he shoves, unless you don't think he'll bluff raise you.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:39 AM

I would lead the flop here and IF I didn't I would probably check/call and then lead for 3/4ths on the turn.

If I have to check either the flop OR the turn I'm check pushing the turn here but generally I'd just lead, lead, lead.

I don't know whats up with the checking here.

As played I called because you look ridiculously weak and he's supposedly creative enough to make moves in 3 bet pots.