Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2007, 12:05 AM

Default AK Checkraised on Flop, Lead Into On Turn

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $47.30

BB: $10.75
UTG: $15.45
Hero (MP): $42.00
CO: $19.15
BTN: $20.20

Reads: I have been raising PF alot, and betting and taking down a lot of pots in position. Villain hasn't been at the table long, has limped and called raises, but not realy gotten out of line that I can see. His Vpip over the 30 hands that I have played with him was like 41.

Preflop: Hero is dealt A K (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds, UTG calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.25) K T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.75</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $6.00</font>, Hero calls $3.25

Turn: ($15.25) T (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets all-in for $8.45</font>, Hero...

To me, this hand is made kind of awkward by the stack sizes. I can't very well fold this flop to the c/r, but after calling the c/r, I have to call 8.5 into a 32 dollar pot. Am I good a quarter of the time here? The thing that I couldn't figure was how Villain's line made any sense. I bet and called on the flop, it seems like he has two more streets to let me hang myself. I had been betting enough that I feel like even a halfwit would intuitively gone for a checkraise on the turn, especially considering the pairing of the ten improves any hand that has me beat. A single pair becomes trips, and a set becomes a boat. I was perplexed by the bet, tanked and called, figuring I was good at least 25 percent of the time.

I am looking for comments on my analysis, and the line in general.

Does anyone push the flop with my image? I guess a wider range than normal would call my push, because of my table image, but 4 betting a checkraise with a lone pair doesn't initially seem like a strong idea to me.