Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 10:39 PM

Default $5NL 6-Max, OK, I have TPMK + draw but where do I go from here?

Villian hasn't been at table that long but he has 3-bet me two out of the last three pots I've entered with a raise. The first time I had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], the second time I had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Both 3-bets were a good size and I folded on the button.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($5.96)
SB ($6.78)
BB ($6)
UTG ($12.46)
MP ($3.01)
Hero ($9.54)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.35</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.39</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2.43</font>, Hero calls $1.04.

Flop: ($4.93) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ?

Do you bet villain AI, c/r AI, or 1/2+ pot with the intention of calling AI? What's your move on the turn if he smooth calls a 1/2 pot bet or lower?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: $5NL 6-Max, OK, I have TPMK + draw but where do I go from here?

Any bet commits you to calling a push. You likely have 9 outs and you'll be getting 2.39:1 on your call when he pushes. I don't like calling though, open push.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:49 PM

Preflop is really bad. At these stakes the guy either doesn't care about the money and will call a shove with 72o or thinks he's a LAG god. You really need to fold to the fourbet though. If you think he's full of it you need to shove pre, but that's bad because you're at best a coinflip and will loose all respect from the table when they've seen that you play QJo that way. But most importantly, you will be OOP the entire hand!

But now that you've put a quarter of your stack in preflop and hit, you need to bet. Either shove or $5 on the flop and call a shove.

Edit: $5 on the flop is enough to put him all-in on the flop. Open Shove.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:54 PM

Ok first off what the hell is up with preflop? Fold when the button 3bets you. Your 4bet is gross. Then fold when button 5bets you. Your call is gross.

Edit: Your 4bet is less gross after reading your read but I still think it's not very good and you definitely need to fold to his 5bet.

Now you are stuck here because you likely have 9 outs vs. his AA (maybe KK)and even if you checked and he shoved you'd have to call.

I think maybe check here though....maybe he'll get trappy and check behind giving you a free card or bet less than a shove....and if he shoves you call anyway. If you shove he's never folding. So maybe that has some merits.

Maybe just shoving is best though cause even though you have no FE you do have proper odds on it and if he checks behind and you miss you'd pretty much have to check fold turn although maybe that's not such a bad thing.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is really bad. At these stakes the guy either doesn't care about the money and will call a shove with 72o or thinks he's a LAG god.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or got 3 good hands....trust me it does happen sometimes.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:52 PM

And this is why bluffs don't work...