Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 02:33 PM

Default WSOP $1030 SNG - Quard got C/R on the flop!!!

This is the first hand of a WSOP Single Table $1030 Satellite. No read.

5000, 25/50. (15 minutes round) limp with 44 utg, mp limps, button raises to 150. I call, mp calls. 3 players pot 525.

flop 5c4c4d. check, mp checks, button bets 500, I call. mp raises to 1500! button folds.

hero?
Old 07-08-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: WSOP $1030 SNG - Quard got C/R on the flop!!!

dont see how doing anything but calling makes sense here. I mean it looks a little suspicious but you might only get paid if you raise if he has 55 and he will pay you off with that anyway. Hopefully he will put you on a draw and if he just has a small overpair then he might keep trying to bet you off, of course he could have a big draw himself (like 6c7c) if which case he might push turn and if he makes it then you are getting paid anyway.

I think raising just gives him too much chance to get off his hand, esp. if its a small overpair and he would rightly be suspicious with a big draw and might well lay that down on a paired board too.

On turn I would check,stacks arent great for a bet and might give him opportunity to fold again. Obviously its going to suck if he checks behind, esp. if he has a draw and misses but I think theres a good chance he will put you on a hand you can fold turn with and try and push you out.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont see how doing anything but calling makes sense here. I mean it looks a little suspicious but you might only get paid if you raise if he has 55 and he will pay you off with that anyway. Hopefully he will put you on a draw and if he just has a small overpair then he might keep trying to bet you off, of course he could have a big draw himself (like 6c7c) if which case he might push turn and if he makes it then you are getting paid anyway.

I think raising just gives him too much chance to get off his hand, esp. if its a small overpair and he would rightly be suspicious with a big draw and might well lay that down on a paired board too.

On turn I would check,stacks arent great for a bet and might give him opportunity to fold again. Obviously its going to suck if he checks behind, esp. if he has a draw and misses but I think theres a good chance he will put you on a hand you can fold turn with and try and push you out.

[/ QUOTE ]

His analyze is too good.
Definitely pretend to make a crying call here.
He may even try to push you off from trip 4s if he thought you had a weak kicker. (Unlikely tho)
Unless he had 55, the best you are hoping is that he raised with a draw and caught it on the turn/river so he will pay your value bet off
Old 07-08-2007, 04:01 PM

Call and check turn.

I bet - 3bet the flop. You are asian. Everyone assumes that asians will push any flush draw at any time. No one is going to fold an overpair to your 3-bet after they raise you on the flop because 'that crazy asian guy has to have clubs.'
Old 07-08-2007, 05:25 PM

I paused for a few seconds pretending to calculate the pot-odd and called. Turn 6d, I checked, he checked behind. River 3d. Pot 4100. Board 54463 (three diamonds, 2 clubs).

Hero? bet (how much?) check or push?

Live read tells me he had over pair and he wanted to control the pot. This tells me he is a good player and most likely put me on a flush draw, no way to put me on a single 4 since I called the flop and checked the turn. It's very unlikely to put me on quad or a boat.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I paused for a few seconds pretending to calculate the pot-odd and called. Turn 6d, I checked, he checked behind. River 3d. Pot 4100. Board 54463 (three diamonds, 2 clubs).

Live read tells me he had over pair and he wanted to control the pot. This tells me he is a good player and most likely put me on a flush draw, no way to put me on a single 4 since I called the flop and checked the turn. It's very unlikely to put me on quad or a boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

NYW--

If he was trying to control the pot, he couldn't have put you squarely on top pair. That said, a big bet looks best.

--Nate
Old 07-08-2007, 07:33 PM

I dont see any reason not to push here. If you were bluffing missed clubs why would you do anything other than push here? You have less than PSB here, anything smaller looks like a value bet imo. He probably has 66-99 and isnt folding 66 or 77 and good chance he will call with any.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:26 AM

100% agree.

I bet 1500 at the river. Villain thought for a while and called/mucked.

But I'm thinking maybe I should have pushed to get all his chips.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:51 AM

yeah just shove, those things were so soft he'll prolly call with like AT
Old 07-09-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NYW--

If he was trying to control the pot, he couldn't have put you squarely on top pair. That said, a big bet looks best.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes. I meant "a flush draw," not "top pair."

--Nate